Post Hallux Rigidus Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good morning - I'm about 6 weeks in from fusion surgery for severe Halliux Rigidus. My big toe is touching the second toe and is close to overlapping. Is this normal? I thought that the purpose was to have the big toe straight? I see my doctor again this week but wanted to make sure I went in with as much information as possible. I've attached a photo. imageThank you in advance for your help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Mo2....

I had that fusion done a couple years ago. My incision is so much straighter than yours. My big toe does hit the next toe. So I dont think it will be a big deal for you.

I'm so glad I had the surgery . I had the Cheilectomy first . I thought I was good to go but it didn't work. So I opted for the fusion . The only complaint I have is that I can (on some days) feel the plate and I still swell on the top of my toe/ foot and toes and its uncomfortable.But I can live with that instead of that pain before having the surgery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.