Post hemorrhoid surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today is 6 days since hemorhoidectomy. Still painful and light bleeding with movement (sitting up from bed etc.)

Is this normal?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is completely normal . I had it last month and it was for 3 weeks i had bleeding. Don't worry. Do as many sitz bath as possible

• Posted

I had one done 2 months ago, and the first couple of weeks were rough, but hang in there, the bleeding will slowly stop, Just don't do anything too strenuous, and take as many siltz baths as possible they do help.

Although i never really used any when i had mine done, I just stood alot, and layed down alot, but after the 2 months it should heal up all good.

My advice, just stay possible, don't stress or worry too much about it, and it should be fine.

Hope all goes well for you. smile

• Posted

At 6 days you are still in the bad stage, totally normal.  Takes 2-3 weeks to get over the worst of it.  It takes 6-8 weeks to get back to mostly "normal"

• Posted

Hi notuzin I hope you are doing well 

I know it’s not easy but it will be I had my operation 4 weeks ago and tomorrow is my 1st time check up with my surgeon 

The 1st week was so painful that I lost 5 kg I didn’t eat much I bearly could walk from my bed to bathroom I cry more then anything but it went every day better and better what you going trough is all normal and all ok try to take as many bath and try to relax when you go to number 2 I know it’s not easy but try as much u can and don’t push coz then is painful I try not to but it was just by self pushing me to push I wish you all the best for recovery and all patient here 

If any one want to ask me anything abt recovery pls do 

All the best to all

• Posted

Thanks for all the encouraging responses. I am 12 days out and the bleeding has basically stopped. No real pain, just general discomfort and itching.

Stopped pain medication. Follow up with surgeon on 8/13. I can feel a small lump at the entrance of a us. Hope it is normal. Also, do you think that the surgeon will have to use an instrument to look deep into my rectum for the follow up? Not looking forward to that 😥

• Posted

That’s good to hear 

I don’t think he will use anything 

When I went to my check up he didn’t even look coz he said I believe it’s still sore and I said yes it is lol so we just spoke abt everything and I was just telling him how my recovery is going 

I am now 5 weeks but still bit of blood comes with is making me so nervous I don’t like seeing blood but he said it’s all normal 

I hope you are all well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.