Post hydrocele opp 2 year on.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I'm 52 years old and had hydrocele operation 2 years ago, I've always had a dull ache since my operation (opp was so it couldn't happen again) in the last 6 month I've been getting pain in the same testicle and down same leg, nauseous, bad tampered, cant concentrate come with it.

Have a ultrasound on 16th will update!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Mark,

Did your testicle ever manage to move freely like your non-operated one after your surgery, or did you find it was permanently sitting really high up? I ask because I had the surgery carried out about 8 months ago now and I'm having real problems going about my daily life due to the location and fact that it doesn't move freely out of the way, meaning it's constantly being knocked or squashed.

Best of luck with your ultrasound!

• Edited

hey bob, after surgery the testicle was somewhat free to move after some swelling ,as time has gone on it is now high up and as you said is being squashed and has no where to go making every day living hard,the pain I'm in at the moment is close to unbearable the throbbing is in the testicle and thigh with pain also running down leg just can't wait to have it sorted, stay well bob.

• Posted

Hi Mark

I went through very much same opp as yourself

I ended up with sepsis and had to have re opp.

I am only just getting back to some normal life but still having to take pain killers to help me through the day .

• Edited

Interesting! I had the opposite experience. I had had a vasectomy 40 years earlier and had the same dull ache. I had seen numerous doctor who didn't even examine me they just told I was among the 1% . Then I had the operation for the hydrocele which I believe was caused by the vasectomy. Now that dull ache is gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.