Post K-Wire Removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Regarding my last post, two days ago I had the k-wires removed from both of my fourth toes.

(briefly, I had surgery to straighten these toes as I have had issues for many years with them)

Whilst I had the k-wires in, I was able to walk and bear weight during the last week of them in, but as soon as I had them removed it was so sore to walk and achy, which I guess was expected.

I just feel down, I was really hoping I could drive my car this weekend to see friends but my toes are swollen and I am having difficulty walking, I am yet to wear normal shoes as I tried this morning but felt really uncomfortable 😦

If anyone reading has any advice or their own experience with post k-wires removal, I would love to hear from you!

Sorry if this was a bit pointless reading, currently I just feel a bit disheartened that I'm not 100% better yet.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Don't lose heart! I had a similar experience, I had a wire inserted in my middle toe following a bad fracture. I was making a good recovery with very little pain then as soon as the wire was removed (after 4 weeks) my toe swelled up and I experienced a lot of pain and discomfort. Like you I felt very down but after a week or so the pain and swelling subsided, I could wear normal shoes and drive. I've made a full recovery (touch wood) and am back out walking for miles with the dogs!

Good luck with your recovery.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you so much for this comment, I feel a lot more better knowing you have been through a similar experience with this and that you was near enough back to normal after a week or so!

I suppose the whole process has been so tedious for me but I am so thankful I am recovering well and had the problem sorted out, just can't wait to get back to normal!

Thank you once again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.