Post Labrynthitis. Will it ever go?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I was feeling perfectly Well, I had a shower, bent over to put towel around my hair. As I flipped my head back I stumbled and had awful dizziness.

I went to out of hours doctors who said i had labrythitis. I w1as given tablets to help nausea and complete rest. I was signed off for 3 weeks in total, worse time of my life! I've had 2 epley manoeuvres done and checked by ENT who confirmed Lab.

To cut a long story short, I'm writing this because I'm now 12 weeks on and still experiencing light headedness. Has anyone had it this long? I'm hoping to hear from people whom have but are now fine.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it's really changed me sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had it since March of this year. After numerous doctors, tests including CT scans, MRI'S, brain scan, blood work and anti-nausea medicine I finally found a really good neurologist. My life completely changed that month and has not been the same since. I couldn't believe that something as simple as inner ear nerve inflammation could cause such terrible life-altering symptoms. There is hope at the end of the road. I have less episodes now. My new neurologist has prescribed physical therapy with a specially trained therapist to help my brain compensate the balance issues. I have not started it yet but I will in the next week. He also ordered a work-up of labs that actually can tell him if there is a sort of bacteria that has attacked the inner ear. Which I never knew existed. He did a series of tests in his office with me I was there 2 hours and finally I have an actual diagnosis and I put my mind to rest and accepted the fact that this is what it is. But there is light at the end of the tunnel because he said I will get better, every person who has this condition heals differently time wise. What have you tried so far? Besides the anti nausea medicine.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't really. I don't get dizzy or nauseous anymore just feel like I have pressure either side of my head and feel floaty.

Besides the epley manouvers I haven't done anything. Was thinking of joining yoga actually as may help! I am taking turmeric a day too as a natural inflammatory which seemed to help me focus.

I'm pleased to hear you are getting answers, this is a bloody awful condition

• Posted

That's actually one of the things I told the neurologist how I felt, literally like I was floating across the room when I was walking! He also told me that vitamin B12 could help that's one of the things he put in my lab order was to check my vitamin B levels. Let me know if you do try yoga and if it helps .

• Posted

I most certainly will. If you give turmeric a go then get the tablets form that's has black pepper in as helps the body to absorb quicker. It's known for lots of great things including help fight cancer. The other herbal my friend recommended which helped her friend with the same condition was ginkgo biloba . Maybe worth shot too?

I'll keep you posted x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.