Post-laposcopic laposcopic hysterectomy surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had laposcopic total hysterectomy surgery yesterday less than 24 hours ago. I’m always feeling the urge to pee. Is this normal? Will it pass?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes this is normal, I had mine done one month ago today. I had the same feeling so much I insisted on getting a urinalysis even though my doctor said it’s normal to feel the urge. All my test were normal. Mine lasted about 3 days hope this helps 
  • Posted

Yes - catherther can cause irritation and that feeling, you may not even be aware that they did it.

?Drink lots of water, and a little bi-carbonate of soda, yes the baking ingredient, about half a teaspoon in a glass of water, it foams up, drink straightway, and then top off with some clean plain water, should settle, but if it doesn't within say 3 - 4 days, get a urine test done for infection.

• Posted

Mary

That i s part of the recovery.. When you have a catheter the bladder gets very irritated and usually takes 1/3 days to settle..

Also we have had a lot of pushing,pulling and cutting going on in there😏

Go with it Mary it will soon pass,but make sure you drink lots of water to flush out and bacteria that stick to walls of bladder while tube was in. Rest up.x

• Posted

Thank you for easing my mind and for the good advice. Take care. 🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.