Post menapausal bleeding

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had postmenopausal bleed for ten days just had uv scan and been told results will go to my gp in about 7 days is this normal I'm worried sick

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi i had a scan and the lady was loverly she told me there and then that eveything looked normal i still rang the docs thou and all was fine chin up and try not to worry to much im sure all will b ok
    • Posted

Now I'm more worried as the lady that did mine said she could not discuss scan result with me x

• Posted

They dont always michelle i asked thats probs y did you have to have it cause of periods and if you dont mind me askin how old are you
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, I sympathise, waiting for test results is awful. Just wanted to say, when i had an MRI brain scan and mammogram the people who did the procedures wouldnt indicate either way whether theyd see something unusual, and both results came back normal. Just wondering, are you on any firm of HRT or coil that could possibly cause bleeding? Has it been over a year since periods stopped? Keep busy and I hope you get some reassurances from people on here whove experienced the same and turned out fine x
    • Posted

Im 45 and periods all over the place thats why i had to have a scan ive also got underactive thyroid which im on tablets for . Dont know if im going through menopause get hot flashers and suffer with anxiety which im on citrilopram for what are the other symptoms of going through your change
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, I tried to reply and its being moderated, maybe cos i mentioned a website. Anyway basically it said 90% of the time the bleedings not caused by anything serious and the other 10% if caught early is treatable, so the odds are in your favour hun x
    • Posted

They are not supposed to discuss anything with you until after the results have been read by a radiologist. That lady was doing her job professionally. Please don't let this bother you in the slightest.

• Posted

Hi, Michelle,

Sorry you're going through this.  I can understand why you're so worried.  I read the posts here and you said that you've not had a period for 2 years, correct?

After menopause occurs, any time you start bleeding after an extended period without bleeding it needs to be checked out.  If the lining of your uterus is over 4 mm, a biopsy is usually done, to check out the condition of the uterine lining.

You've done the right thing and gone to your doctor as soon as this happened, so whatever it is, it can be taken care of.

Please know that everyone on this site is here to support you!  Let me know how you get on. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.