POST-MENOPAUSAL ARTHRITIS: Can anyone relate to this horrible symptom?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Ladies...

I am a pretty active woman, who is DEEP in the throes of post-menopause. That being said, post-menopausal arthritis reared its UGLY head throughout my entire body, today.. The pain was a force to be reckoned with, to say the least! I've been taking turmeric curcumin capsules for it, til the pain subsides somewhat. That being said, are any of you lovely ladies familiar with this anomaly, regardless of the meno stage, you're in? Tell me your thoughts....

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

i had arthritis 3 years back , i might have been in peri then also when i think back now. but what helped me is the homeopathic medicine Rhus tox 200 . it totally cured me., i couldn’t even stretch my legs or get up from a sitting position and this helped tremendously. i hope you feel better soon ,take care

• Edited

Hey Priya...

Tyvm for that information. I ordered the homeopathic meds a few days ago; I am waiting for them to be delivered to me.

• Posted

i hope it helps you as it did for me. there are fb groups - Ask a homeopath 24/7 , moms using homeopathy, teach me health and homeopathy with Paola Brown etc

these groups have experienced homeopaths too and is very helpful if you tell your symptoms they Will recommend remedies based on your symptoms.

wishes for fast recovery, . i know how painful and limiting this is , hang in there, you will be better soon.

• Edited

Hey There, Priya..

A few weeks ago, I tried the Rhus Tox 200 pellets and they worked wonders for me! Tyvm for that STELLAR advice! I feel sooo... much better, and my joints are NOT as STIFF as they used to be! Often times, when I feel the UNWANTED arthritis.... rearing its ugly head, I quickly DOWN the pellets as if they were Skittles! COUNTLESS women have said on this forum, that this site is a Godsend; I CONCUR, wholeheartedly.. Anyhoo, be well, my menopausal sistah!

• Edited

I’m so happy to hear that!! you can continue using it for few weeks so that it will be much much better and might even get cured completely. as you might know homeopathy has no side effects and is extremely gentle for even new borns. another thing you can do is use tissue salts Calc flour 6x and Calc phos 6x , those are amazing for bones . ( tissue salts are what are cells are made of , so again nothing to worry taking those) , it will help greatly. take care, hugs❤

• Edited

Hey Priya..

Thank you, again! Also, I just ordered Calc Flour and waiting for it to be delivered to my humble abode; I will keep you abreast of its efficacy.

• Edited

Hey Priya...

Thanks for your Calcium Flour recommendation, I having been taking it for a week and a half now, and it works well for me. I feel its efficacy! Thx, again! BIG hugs to you!! 💛 💛

• Posted

amazing to to hear that! its great for bones and joints. when i used it for my toddlers dental issues as per homeopath's recommendation, it worked amazingly well even her dentist was surprised haha. In our case it works great along with calc phos etc for our bones and joints and even for skin elastcity . just take few months off and then do a round then off etc. that’s how homeopath recommends. hugs to you as well!

• Edited

I came here specifically to complain tonight..

I've been dealing with so many different health issues the last few years it makes my head spin. I'm 54 and post meno (hysto in 2001 but kept my ovaries). I've been dealing with the hormone issue for about 7 yrs, and I'm still not past it.

I've always had heart issues but they've gotten worse. Also anxiety and panic disorder thats horrendous since I've been in my 20s.

This past year has been a nightmare! I was chalking it up to menopause. But I have not 1 but several autoimmune issues going on at the same time. I feel like the walking dead!! My thyroid can't make up its mind if its gonna just stop or work overtime. I have thyroid eye disease. And last week I got answers to why all my joints hurt. I officially have rheumatoid arthritis AND ankylosing spondylitis in both elbows, hands, left hip and shoulder. But I will continue to suffer bc I REFUSE to take the medication for it bc its technically a chemotherapy drug, methotrexate. The side effects are more horrifying than my pain. So yep, I know how you feel. I'm currently sitting here with pain relief patches all over and stink to high heaven, my dog won't even come near me. I don't know what I'm going to do. There is no cure but there has to be something thats not so harsh and will not alter my heart rhythm and work against my heart meds, and not make me sick for a couple days a week and not make my hair fall out..

I'm so over this crap! Not sure how much more I can take..

• Edited

Hey Gigi...

Soooo... sorry you are going through sooo... much during this stage of your life!! That being said, menopause is horrible, IDK or understand how our moms got through this tsunami in ONE piece! That said, our saving graces are: advanced vitamins and medicines, forums as this, support groups, patient husbands, the internet, and other GREAT resources. Like you, I suffer through this period of my life, simply because meds are the LAST resort for me. Anyhoo, this too shall pass! Be well my menopausal sistah!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.