Post Menopausal Bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.  I am 55 years of age and had my last period about 3.5 years ago.  I have been on HRT for 3 years.  I had a dermoid cyst, my right ovary and the fallopian tube removed last December, by keyhole surgery, and have felt good ever since.

However, two days ago I started to get mild period pains and have had slight bleeding ever since.  I now have a stitch-like pain in my left lower abdomen.

My GP, who I saw this morning, has referred me urgently to a gynaecologist.  But I wondered if anyone else had had these symptoms and what their diagnosis was?  I haven't got any other symptoms and feel generally well. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janie Mac

sorry to hear your suffering abit ..

i am sure they will put your mind at ease .. maybe a meno blip ... 

at least they are checking you out as a matter of priority which is good to hear

which HRT do you take .. .. are you still taking it did you say

good luck 

jay jay xx

• Posted

A dermoid cyst has a 1 in 10 chance of being in both ovaries. I have  one in each, so may have been there at the time but not noticed as too small, and also has a high chance of being missed by keyhole surgery.
  • Posted

Thanks for your speedy responses!  Yes, I'm still on HRT: Elleste Duet 2mg.  Spend the first year on the 1mg version but some menopause symptoms returned so they put me on a stronger dose which has been great.   The surgeon had intended to take the other ovary out at the same time as the first op, just in case there was a cyst on it, but he said there were adhesions to my bowel and that - as the cyst looked perfect - he left it alone.  

Ah well - time will tell what is going on down there!

• Posted

Due to have both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed Monday, supposedly as cyst are 7.5cm and 4.2cm so can't be missed!!

As you say see what is said and take it from there

• Posted

Am wishing you good luck and a speedy return home on Monday!
    • Posted

Thanks. Have managed to persuade them to keep me overnight as other medical conditions make me frightened of daycare smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.