Post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have just turned 56 and been without period for almost 2years now I have had 2loop coil biopsy so since  September 2000 and was told the cells had started to mutate but last year got discharged being told I had all clear and could go back to having normal smear tests instead of yearly. My problem is about 2weeks ago I noticed breast started hurting like they used too when on period and now yesterday and today have noticed slight bleeding. Was extremely worried but reading some of your posts gave me some comfort I am trying to make Dr appointment. I just hope everything is ok xx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Julie, what is 2loop coil biopsy? The cells starting to mutate was that from a cervial smear? What exactly does mutate cells mean? 
    • Posted

Sorry was meant to put two loop coil biopsy where the get this handle with a arched piece of metal that heats up they insert it inside and cut away mutating cells ans send them off for biopsy
    • Posted

Mutating cells are cells in cervix that have started to change into cancerous cells and if left untreated will most likely become full blown cancer
  • Posted

Been to see gynae oncologist she thinks after giving me internal that I could be ok but to be on safe side she is sending me for ultra sound scan and if that shows anything unusual will be sent for hysteroscopy I think she said least she said sad as gp. Should always get it checked out better to be safe than sorry xx
    • Posted

Least she said same as gp did that should have said xx
  • Posted

I went to see gynaecologist had ultra sound and internal they say my lining of womb is borderline thickness and if it gets any thicker they will do a hysteroscopy but it seems ok otherwise thank god. Bless you all that's going through all this too xx

• Posted

Thats good news Julie, you must feel relieved. Are you still having breast tenderness?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.