Post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was on here last week asking about post menopausal bleeding which was spotting.

I am going up for a scan on Friday.

Could someone please help me with this new query I am getting bleeding which feels like a period

not so much pain but but the feeling and the bleeding is slightly more.

So frightened I cannot take much more of the anxiety and I just want to converse with someone that knows how I'm feeling.

Heather x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello Heather, i had the same exaxt thing happen to me back in october 2018. It lasted for about 2 1/2 months and nothing since thank god. i had endometrial hyperplasia. iwas suppose to get a biopsy done in Dec but was frightened by all the horror stories ao i opted to not have one. i had a endometeial ultrasound done and all that showed was a thick endo stripe about 11 centimeters she said. i started to diet amd eat clean and lost 20 pounds and i feel great....ad of now. i have to follow up with my pcp soon. i feel you on being frightened and in fear of the unknown. Just go get checked out. Btwall my lab work came back negative so i was happy about that. Before this started in oct i hadn't had a period since july 2015. So you can imagine my fearto see and feel like i was having a period. i was under extreme stress for months before this which i strongly feel it contributed to all this. Hope you get your answer and hope this helps. God bless. I thank god for this forum it truly helped me.****

• Posted

The thing that is worrying me is that I am very overweight and that seems to be a pre cursor for many cancers. I am getting the same feeling as a period you know slight pain in the lower stomach, didn't have that last week.

Thanks for replying I have no female friends or relatives (my mum is worried sick, so don't want to worry her anymore) so the closest I get to talking to a sister is on here.

Heather x

• Posted

Hello could you tell me if you had

the symptoms of a period with your bleeding.

The first week was spotting now I have what I would describe as a period. I am due for scan on Friday, but I am scared it's ovarian cancer and I'm shaking with nerves the now what will i be like on Friday.

Sorry to bother you. xx

• Posted

Hi Heather, did you eventually do anything about your bleeding?

• Posted

hi heather sometimes polyps can cause bleeding and they found out this what i had after a scan i had a biopsy done and polyp removed result came back normal im sure all will be well for you .Try not to worry too much i know how hard it is but im sure it will be fine .Try to think possitive

• Posted

Heather I had post bleeding almost 3 years of no period at all! I had to have the biopsies , ct scan , ultra sound and pelvic and paps plus cervic / uterus . I was 59 almost 60 ! Anyways they had me scared to DEATH especially this one male obgyn which I stop seeing after he poked holes in me a took pieces of the cervic he even called my house scaring the daylights out of me wanting to to have it all done at hospital and under anesthesiolgist and I am too scared to be pout to sleep I finally got rid of him and went through all the test again with the head female obgyn plus she did blood work too! Well I was shocked to hear that blood work actually showed that I wasn't post meno even though I went 3 years no period then after 3 years I had a periopd from you know where I had to go to ER I was conveinced was hemmorraging and that bleeding lasted more than 6 weeks. ALL my test was negative everything was 100% good! My obgyn head lady and excellent reviews and experience and knoweledge said that lots of times a egg or so will stay and not release until years later ! That 12 month trash that says you are meno then is ridiculous it should be like 3 to 5 years lol I think you will be fine! I know the fear and fright of waiting on results and the worry of the C word. I already have a serious panic and anxiety disorder and trust me I had no rest day or night from such paralzing fear ...But thank God everything was fine and yours will be too..text anytime you get worrying if you like i'm up till early morning and I'm Est . 2703192216

• Posted

Thanks for replying to me it was much appreciated.

I don't know where you live but I live in Scotland and because of my depression and anxiety my phone is not very mobile lol ........ don't go out much which leaves me too much time to think about things.

Thanks again Heather x

• Posted

hi heather i had my results today i have 9,9 thickness lining just to assure everything came back normal and this as happend twice now in 3 years im now having a coil fitted as my body is lacking estrogen please have faith thst it can be just the normal for you xxx

• Posted

Did you have what i would describe as period pain.

Did you have your tests in Britain.

I was told that they would tell you some things and

probably send a biopsy if they need to and could

you tell me what thickness of the lining is normal.

Many Thanks for all your help.

• Posted

Did you have what i would describe as period pain.

Did you have your tests in Britain.

I was told that they would tell you some things and

probably send a biopsy if they need to and could

you tell me what thickness of the lining is normal.

Many Thanks for all your help.

• Posted

hi heather mine was not a period it was a pink discharge i was bloated also i had a ultrasound it was clear apart from lining being thick i have appointment to discuss options yes im in the uk

• Posted

hi Heather/ anyone else 珞

i found this thread early this morning and i was wondering if you or anyone else can help please 

i am 50 and have started a light period after 18 months of nothing 

i would describe it as a period as i had a bit of belly ache and mucus ( previous 10 days) I am going to the doctor as soon as they open today.

Just looking for reassurance.

many thanks

• Posted

Hi Mandy, Just wondering what how the doctors visit go? Did you find a reason?

• Posted

I'm with you. i am way past menopause and started spotting. i go fir an ultrasound on Monday, and i can't stop worrying. i first had spotting in February, but i was taking a long course of prednisone and the spotting stopped when I stopped the meds. Then several months ago , I was on a soy milk kick and spotted again. When I stopped the soy, the spotting stopped.

Now, though I have spotting with no obvious cause. Like you, I am so afraid. I am praying and will pray fir you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.