post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am on synthroid and bp meds. Under a great deal of stress. Recently twisted my leg and took aspirin products for pain.and then had a full blown period with all the typical pre symptoms. Lasted 6 days. It had been 14months without A period. A year ago I went 8 months without one then had a period.. Saw the gyno and had ultrasound and biopsy was told I was in phase one. Now her I am again. I feel like it could be hormone imbalance or the meds plus the stress. I am see Dr this week again. Anyone have any similar experiences. Live in a house of all men. Friends have not experienced this. Thank you for any support.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeanne,

hows many years peri meno are you..

i am in year 8 and can have an awful period 8 or 9 months apart, i still get symptoms and anxiety in between but dont have the period, i only had two last year.. i do not take HRT only Estroven herbal and vitamins.

sorry I cant be of more help.... jayx

• Posted

Hi jays thank u 4 responding. Peri I am probably 2-3 years. Post meno I have gone 14 months which according to medical guidelines would have deemed me menopausal.....having gone 12 months without a period. It is just so frustrating...once u think it is over her u go again. So you still get a period 8 months apart? Have u had any testing and can I ask how old u r ? I am 56. This stinks. But last year all tests were negative so I am hoping this latest episode was hormonal or dress driven. Wishing u well.jeanne
  • Posted

Hi Jeanne

yes i have had FSH test, I am peri, just prolonged for me ... can be up to ten years for some..

yes your right they say 12 months without a period is classed as menopause ... its a nuisance isnt it..

I am 49, my lucky Mum sailed through it was two years from start to finish and was only 42 ...

take care .. jay

• Posted

I am 50 (soon to be 51) and have been told by 2 doctors that I am post-menopausal. They both ran blood tests that indicated it. I haven't had a menstruation cycle for about 3 years. I have been spotting (old blood) for about a month. This morning, I am having a regular menstruation cycle. I am also on synthroid and under a great deal of stress as well. I have been on Prempro for about a year. I may give it a couple more months, depending on what happens, and then call the doctor.
  • Posted

oh teresa, poor you, i bet you must of thought that was it. then this happens, 😮 think if it was me i would not wait, and just mention to the docs, maybe your tablets need adjusting or something, best not to wait, bless you and take care Jay.
  • Posted

Hi Teresa, I know exactly how u feel when out of the blue here is your period again!!! I keep telling my husband in my next life I am coming back as a man or a dog with a good home as wevspoil our dog wicked!!! All kidding aside, I am seeing the gyno today so I will keep u updated. A little nervous but in have been here before. It truly sucks. Stay strong and healthy!!!!
  • Posted

Went to the Dr today. As expected, I am getting a tvu and biopsy again. The Dr said he is fairly confident that it was probably in fact a true period due to an ovulation. But he wants to be sure...u know better safe than sorry. I have had biopsy before..really just a nuisance...very very quick procedure..over beforeuknow it. I will keep u informed..hope everyone is hanging in there. Thanks gals from the UK. U r all so supportive
  • Posted

Hi Jeanne, oh bless you, yes better to be safe than sorry, you do the right thing, your doctor sounds amazing, very on the ball... good luck hun, let us know how you get on... put it out your mind and enjoy your weekend, all will be good .. Jay x
  • Posted

Hello everyone, I am back again!! Had the tvu and that was no big deal. Didn't take long at all. Looks like there is a very small fibroid that could have caused the bleeding..thank god hasn't happened again!! But still scheduled for the biopsy in March. I do feel better knowing that the uterus looked okay on the ultrasound. Hope everyone is doing well and keep your chins up!!!
  • Posted

You have to love the internet!   I am so happy to be able to type in a question and find people who are in the same boat.

I haven't had a cycle for about a year.  I am under a huge amount of stress and symptoms started last week.  tenderness and spotting.  today though after even more stress i'm in a regular heavy cycle.  @)#($*)@#(%)@(#*$)(*%)@(#*%_(*$_(@*%_(#*$)(#@*%)(@#*$)(#@*$)(#*$)(#$*)@(#*$)

and  )#($&_)#(*$_)@(#%_)@($*_)@(#*$)@#

ok now that i've gotten that off my chest.  I don't even buy supplies anymore.  I'm 50 and thought this was far behind me.  ugh.  

Sorry you guys are having the same experience but glad to know i'm not alone.  Thanks Jeanne for asking the question and thanks to those who replied.

• Posted

Hi NoelAnn....It truly sucks when you think it is over and here it is again...I had a biopsy done in March (no biggy---don't believe the internet..it is a quick procedure--I am a baby so for me to say that wow!!) and everything came back fine(thank god!!) and the gyno said if it happens outside of a year call him again...but if it happens again within a year I don't have to call him.  It is such a nuisance--isn't it--I love all your@#&*(!  Couldn't have said it  better myself!!  Take care and stay well--Jeanne
    • Posted

thanks so much jeanne!  It happened again a few days ago.  stress and then wham!  UGH!  but then stopped.  this has happened to me all my life when stressed out.  soooo i'm not worried about it.  it's just AWFUL
  • Posted

Hello there! My name is Angela and I am quite new to this subject. I have been dealing with " night sweats" for about 3 years now. about 4 months ago I started having these sweats or " hot flashes" about every 2 hours during the daytime as well. My last period was 4 months ago in May. The doctor had told me I was "Pre-Menopausal " 3 years ago. I thought this was it considering my mother went through it at 45 and I am 46. Then, last night, all of a sudden BOOM! I started my period much heavier than I had before. I hadn't had any night sweats or hot flashes for a week which I thought they were finally over. Wrong, it's my period. I've been dealing with the stress of moving for about a month now so I'm not sure if that is the reasoning behind this or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.