Post menopausal Bleeding / Cycle is it normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I assumed it was a normal cycle (it felt like one). However, I just happened to go to a new GYN due to insurance and mentioned it. She immediately said oh that's not normal and urgently stated you need tests and biopsy. While I appreciate her concern. She never informed me of the best case scenario... "Or it could just be your cycle." I left anxious and feeling as if perhaps my knowledge was completely wrong until I researched and read your response! God bless you!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ah that is not nice X as u may have read i had a bleed after 16 free months .my gyn said although it should not happen in fact it is quite common and can be a final burst of hormone .please try not to worry .it has happened a lot from reading stories on hear .
  • Posted

Whilst this hasn't happened to me personally it has happened to a number of my friends. I didn't think it was that unusual or something for your doctor to have said what she did.
    • Posted

I am currently going through the same thing 9 days now with heavy bleeding after 13 months of menopause.my doctor made me feel like an idiot for calling her .said it was just hormones but 9 day of this heavy bleeding is wiping me out . I actually have some old birth control pills let I am considering starting them just to stop this bleeding.any thoughts
  • Posted

Im 54 and havent had a period in 8 years. Im postmenopause. Last month i did see some light bleeding, a pinkish color that lasted for 10 days. I went to my obgyn and he did a pap smear and it came back abnormal and i went back a week ago and he did 2 more tests and found a polyp inside my uterus and did a biopsy. Ill get the results next week on friday. He did inform me that the polyp could have caused the bleeding and said i shouldnt see anymore bleeding. He said he may need me to have a pelvic ultrasound because there may be more polyps inside my uterus that he cannot see.

I really like my obgyn. He was very informative and made me feel comfortable, explaining step by step what he was going to do during the tests and explained what he was doing during the tests.

• Posted

I want to add, the dr did remove the polyp to do the biopsy and he said since it was removed i shouldnt see anymore bleeding.
    • Posted

Good to hear he is sorting things for u .this happens guite a lot from what I read. Least when it's done u can get back on track with things .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.