Post-menopausal & Discharge

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure if i am posting in the right thread.  I am 55 and post-menopausal for 5 years now and last year i had a uterine polyp removed as i was getting discharge mixed with blood.  I saw my GP this morning as i've been having a senastion of 'leaking' ie i have to wear a panty pad and this morning she took a swab internally and said she was checking for infection so will wait to hear on that.  Has anyone else had this feeling of 'leaking' like having a period but no period?  My panty pad isn't soaking wet but it does feel like there has been some sort of discharge. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You could try looking at the Genito Urinary Prolapse home page and forum. Also ovarian cysts home page. I've experienced some leakage from the bladder due to vag vault and rectocele prolapse. There's plenty of info on that forum too. Good luck. x rolleyes

• Posted

I went to see my GP last week and she took a swab from me internally and said she was checking for infection.  I haven't heard anything as yet.  I am now getting a little concerned about cervical cancer.  I'm 55 years old and up to date with my cervical screening tests and my next one is due in 2019.   Last year i had a uterine polyp removed and keep thinking that if there was anything 'up there' it would have been picked up.   Should i worry?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.