Post Menopausal Hysterectomy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello All.

I had my a partial hysterectomy, only uterus removed on the 22nd. of March 2018. Menopause had begun for me 5 years ago, where there were virtually no signs of my symptoms until a week following my hysterectomy. Is there anyone experiencing awakening during the night soak and wet, as well as feeling confused with anxiety? 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Sorry your feeling like this, I haven’t experienced that.... yet however I’m sure someone has. Stay strong 
  • Posted

I’m 5 weeks post total hysterectomy and have not started menopause. However, the past couple nights I’ve been having trouble sleeping, feeling cold and sweaty, then too warm with blankets, and  some anxiety. Not sure if I need to start hormone therapy or just wait and see if it continues. No hot flashes yet. 
    • Posted

Hi Heather.

Thank you for responding.

I have heard about post operative hysterectomies, that women who haven’t begun menopause, will begin the symptoms of menopause. Please follow up with your doctor. I’m not a physician and do not want relay any incorrect information. In regards to hormone replacement. Again, please discuss this with more than I physician. There are many points of view. 

Feel better Heather. I understand what you’re going through. 

• Posted

Hi , I had a tah with ovaries and fallopian tubes removed on 19th Dec 2017. I am 54 but never had any menopause symptoms before or after until about week 7.... then the night sweats kicked in... soaked pjs and bedding every night for about 6 weeks. I can't take hrt because of other problems but have been taking , sage, b vitamin complex and soya isoflavones, I've always taken evening primrose. This last 6 nights I have been night sweat free. I don't know if it's the supplements I'm taking or whether its run it's course. I hope you find something to ease your distress x x x

• Posted

Hi Wendy.

Thank you for replying.

I believe that your ‘holistic’ approach is worth trying, prior to my accepting any medications that I may be prescribed. I certainly will inform my doctor, but I’m more inclined to initially try your the vitamin and herbal supplements. 

• Posted

Yes x because I can't take hrt my Dr told me to try these things x fingers crossed they carry on working and hopefully work for you too..

• Posted

Hi Wendy.

Thank you again for responding  and I look forward to sending you great results. :wink))(

• Posted

...not warmand sweating.  I was cold and shakie after tvh.   But Yes,  too anxious of many things while recovering and i think normal when not feeling good.  I hope you will be okay, stay strong and positive.
    • Posted

Hi Delia.

Thank you so very much for replying.

I’ve since contacted my doctor. I have an appointment on Tuesday of next week.

You are correct. The healing process is a lengthy one. I truly never anticipated this surgery as difficult as it has proven. 

I also remain so tired. Thank you again. biggrin)

• Posted

Hi,

I had a hysterectomy on March 23, 2018. I had my uterus, cervix and Fallopian tubes removed.  I thought I was fortunate to keep my ovaries as my Gynecologist assured me that would keep my hormones intact.  Not mentioning the pain, discomfort and constipation due to surgery, I have since been waking up in the middle of the night with hot flashes. I have a follow-up appointment on Monday, I am hoping for answers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.