Post Menopausal Spotting

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am post menopausal and noticed just two incidents of spotting early in August.  Made an appointment with gyn, but didn't mention spotting, just unusual symptoms.  It's been just over 2 years after my last period.  I see my gyn on Tuesday with other symptoms of pelvic and back pain that is getting worse.  Needless to say, I am frightened and worry I waited too long to get in to see my doctor.  I kept checking the internet, asking friends who didn't seem too concerned and that can drive you crazy. I welcome any feedback and thoughts.   Wishing everyone here best wishes for good health and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers <3

2 likes, 120 replies

120 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I have just turned 56 and been without period for about 2 years but couple of weeks ago my breasts started to feel like they did when I was having periods then last night and today notice very light signs of bleeding am worried seeing as I have had loop coil biopsy twice and was told the cells I had were mutating but was given the all clear last year and now this has happened. Reading some of your stories has given me some comfort and I am trying to make go appointment
    • Posted

Hi Julie hope everything works out I will keep you in thoughts and pray for a positive outcome xx bless you 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Thank you so much. I know I have lost 1st 6lb maybe that might be cause but being on own I have a lot of time to dwell on things which isn't good. But will keep everyone updated xx

• Posted

I have lost a stone to Julie it's really hard to not think the worse hoping it's a hormone surge for us all have you had a appointment yet if not I suggest you do run tests as well all piece of mind xxx take care xxx bless you xxx I will 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Hopefully I have gp app on Thursday so will see what he says well done with weight loss it's hard work but I feel better for it . Bless you for you kind words I'm trying not too stress but it is hard not to sometimes xxx

• Posted

I have to keep myself busy Julie other wise I would be a trembling mess xxx let us know how you get on deep breaths hopefully we will all be ok bless you take care ❤️
    • Posted

Hi Julie.  I am 58, almost 59.  After reading your symptoms, I remember having very slight cramps before my spotting that reminded me of menstrual cramps.  I didn't think much about it since I have tummy troubles (IBS) often.  You are addressing this quickly (seeing your gp) and that's a very good start.  I have noticed another symptom since Friday, a discharge.  So, I will be armed with much information to give my GYN and will be giving her ALL my symptoms. Good luck with your appointment.  My husband and friends are helping me with my stress.  Sharing our fears can help ease that stress.  Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment.  Bless all of us here. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers <3

• Posted

I too suffer with ibs among other things but the bleeding was very slight and was bright red meaning fresh blood not old so it could be to do with hormones . My gp never put me in hrt so I know it's not related to that. I'm so glad I found this site it's been god send god bless everyone may they all have good outcomes xxx

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your IBS.  It can be frustrating knowing what the pain is.  My bleeding was slight as well, but it was dark.  I don't know what that means.  I had taken bioidentical hrt, but years ago and had a clean pap since.  I am very happy I found this site as well.  Keeping positive and good thoughts for everyone!

• Posted

Saw gp this morning he said I did right thing booking app so soon. He seemed concerned and felt tummy which is tender on left hand side which I was previously told was due to ibs. He is booking me emergency app with gynecologist so hopefully it will be sorted out soon. Thanks to everyone who replied it's helped to keep me grounded and from worrying as much xx

• Posted

Hi, Julie,

Please let us know how it goes with the GYN, we're all pulling for you!

xxx

• Posted

It's good your are getiing everything done so soon.  The waiting alone can create your worry.  I hope it's all good news!  Keep us posted.  <3

• Posted

Thinking of you Julie 🙏🏻🙏🏻praying for all us to keep strong and healthy xxx

• Posted

Hi, of course this is just my own experience and we need checked with any sign if blood

I was pist menopausal about 8 years and spotted one year( ignored) and a year later again ...

Pain in lower right overy area whuch was at times bad . Also lower back pain a lot .

Had a D&C, Cutterage and ? Cannot remember other term now .

My uterin cavity was completely filled with one huge fibroid ..... Causing the spotting and it was benign .

I am sure you will be just fine , just maybe some fibroids , try not to worry , let me know how it all turns out

God Bless 🙏

😘

• Posted

Hi Judy.  Thank you for the reply and information.  This is my first spotting. I have pain in my lower left ovary area & back pain. I did think of fibroids as well.  The ultrasound is scheduled for 9/22, so I should know something then.  Thank you for the good thoughts <3  I have put my worries on the back burner (so to speak) while I wait.  I will let you know how it turns out. 

God Bless!

• Posted

Please ket me know

I care

You will be fine

Ill shoot up a few prayers for you on the 22nd

🙏😘

• Posted

Hi Kat how are you doing x had a meltdown this afternoon but had some fantastic support from the wonderful ladies on here I think it's the fact I meet with consultant for results on Tuesday I will no if I'm fighting or flying x just to let you know your in my thoughts and prayers along with every one else going through this ????🙏🏻🙏🏻take care xx

• Posted

Hi Kerry.  I hope you are feeling better today. I am sure everyone here understands your meltdown.  I have not been sleeping well, just taking it one day at a time. That is all we can do.  You are in my thoughts and prayers, too!  I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you the very best news <3  Just know we are all here for you!  Take good care!!

• Posted

Hey Kerry u r not alone.

Since I stopped hrt and since my man Wales out on me with no reason sleep has become something of the past.

Even though I fall asleep it seems like after 5 hours I just wake up.

2 months ago my life was perfect and I was so positive and happy. Ever since the abnormal scan my life has just collapsed like a sand castle.

To top it all one of my bunnies was ciught by foxes during the night and died.

I am so tired it is beyond a joke i just wish someone would come and rescue me.

I was told to take melatonin to aid sleep. A doctor told me it helps.

Will give it a try and let u know how I get on.

Xx

• Posted

Bless you Kat the support on here is out standing for each other never been on a forum like it ?? It's worrying bout everything xx your in my thoughts and prayers along with all the other ladies 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻bless us all ??

• Posted

So sorry for the crap your dealing with Natasha you don't deserve all this wish I could give you a big hug??Sorry about you bunnies 😞😞 everyone here for you bless you and give you strength 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 praying for you ??

• Posted

Thanks Kerry. Don't know where Wales came from. Funny enough he was half Welsh. Nite to myself keep away from welsh men.

No it's not easy and the fact that since I stopped hrt life got worse. That miracle pill that can cause issues is highly missed.

Lack of sleeps make us tired and irritable. Everything is seen in 3D or maybe 4D even.

Nothing seems to function. I am slowly turning into my mum.

Prayers go out to all us women here.

I just wish I go switch off a be In Peace forever. We don't deserve this.

Xx

• Posted

O sweetie you need to rally up friends and family to give you a pick me up get out and about make you feel normal again xx big hugs xx
    • Posted

Hi, Natacha,

I'm sorry to learn about your bunny.  That's just awful! 

Do you think you might be having aches and pains that keep you awake?  If so, you could try taking some Tylenol before bed.  You could also try taking Valerian, which is an herb that's been used for centuries to help with relaxation and sleep.  Usually, they're sold in capsules at health food stores.  Try to get a "standardized" Valerian, which means the same amount of the herb will be in each capsule.

Please let me know how you're doing! xxx

• Posted

Hello no aches and pains. Just disrupted sleep.

No matter what time I sleep 5 hours later awake.

Will try melatonin and see.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Fed up

• Posted

I have been keeping

Myself busy. Going to Paris Wednesday for 5 days for work. Lots of wine and laughs.

Will be in Paris quite a lot from now on which will keep me away from it all. When I was in Israel I was so well. Came back to london went down.

Just hate feeling like this.

Xx

• Posted

Wow you're so lucky to have traveled to some beautiful countries 😊👍 just think about it when you sinking low it may stop you xxx take care xx

• Posted

Hi Kat I have my life back after 3 weeks of stress I have a small polyp that caused the bleed xx I have to have it removed later date xx I can still have a period as normal has everything working still but after 50 if I bleed after 2 years they will do retest xxx I am praying for you and everyone one else let me know God bless 😘🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Hi, Kerry!

Thanks for sharing your good news!  smile  Best of luck to you!  smile xxx

• Posted

Hi Lynda I am blessed and because of you and the other ladies I have found love and support in time of need I am staying around for a while to help if I can as I feel this is such a great forum God bless 😘🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Thank you, Kerry,

We are blessed by your presence.  Please continue to be active on this site! xxx

• Posted

Hi Kat wishing you all the very best today deep breaths xxx let me know how you get on xx 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for you and all the beautiful ladies xxxx

• Posted

Hi Kerry.  I am so happy to hear your good news!!!  Thank goodness, now you can relax and get back to life.  Thanks also for your good thoughts for today.  Some good news, some not so sure.  The good news is no masses to find on my ovaries.  The not so sure; endometrium is just a bit too thick.  They wanted 4, mine is 5.1.  A biopsy was done and should be completed by Monday. So, it's time to wait again. I do feel relieved knowing something.  I can't say enough about all the support here from such lovely ladies!  Bless everyone here and thanks so much for the support <3 <3 <3

• Posted

Hi Kat you have been in thoughts and prayers today the wait will be over soon my dear xxx to be honest nothing was never mentioned bout thickness in consultation I had no idea to what mine was I think you're going to be just fine xx 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for you xxx keep me informed deep breaths 😘😘

• Posted

Hi Kerry.  Thank you SO much for your thoughts and prayers <3.  I plan to relax and enjoy the weekend.  Monday will come soon enough.  And yes, deep breaths do help!

• Posted

Hi Lynda.  Thanks for thinking of me today <3.  Monday, I should know what my nexts steps may be.  Still keeping positive outlook!

• Posted

Yes do enjoy the weekend Kat I know it's not easy I been there Xx I had results Tuesday afternoon but I'm still only just relaxing after 5 weeks of stress it takes its toll my dear xxx

• Posted

I am so glad to hear from you!  I was wondering how it all went!  Keep that positive outlook, and enjoy your weekend!  Not that you need a reason, but be extra nice to yourself!  xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.