POST-MENOPAUSE 101: Have your symptoms gotten WORSE?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello There, Lovely Ladies..

I am in the FULL BLOWN STAGE of post-menopause, and have been for the last six years!!πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

Having said that, how many books, articles, or blogs have ANY of you read regarding post-menopause.. being the light at the end of the tunnel, the END of ALL of the hellish-symptoms? Hence, you are going to feel soooo... much better and eventually the symptoms will subside? How many times has your doctor stated: Now that you're in post-menopause, you will feel like your old self again, you will feel like you're in your 30s! WTH! Shut the front door and call me Mary! Well, I, Vivian 72688, have to REFUTE the accuracy of those statements immensely! That said, they do NOT apply to me, and are soooo... FAR FROM THE TRUTH! When I entered this last stage, my POST-MENOPAUSAL symptoms got WORSE! Anxiety-overload is how I describe my life, in this last stage!! Suffice it to say, I eat right, take high-end vitamins, exercise, etc.. and I have noticed this TSUNAMI PUSHES its way through ALL those STELLAR things I listed!! It is evident, menopause FORCES its way through ALL things good; and maybe, just maybe, because it is a NATURAL time in our lives, and unfortunately, we must endure the unwanted suffering, trauma, and unpredictable PSYCHOTIC episodes! Ladies, if ANY of you are in the post-menopausal stage, have you all noticed that your symptoms are WORSE and escalated in intensity? Tell me your thoughts.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hello,

"It is evident, menopause FORCES its way through ALL...

I was just informed by my doctor that I am at 57, and two years with NO period am now POST. While I wipe away the tears as I type this, I realize that I will NEVER be the same. The month long bleeding has stopped, the pressure in my vagina (feels like labor pains), the dizzy spins, the hot flashes which linger longer than a flash, the weight gain, and facial hair, have now just been replaced by another set of heathy problems. My BP just jumps up and down. Doctor just told me that is a symptom of Post. I just traded a new set of symptoms for the old ones. I too take vitamins, exercise and eat organic. It has done little to help my thin hair, and now the sagging skin around my mouth and neck are showing up by the hour. I was so looking forward to 60, but at this rate it is all a crap shoot. I cry every day I comb my "hollow hair." I am finding it very hard to accept these changes knowing that there is nothing I can do. I just wish if I have to look like this, I felt better to deal with it. If I could choose knowing what I know now, I would have chosen to keep having my period. This new phase of life just blows.

• Edited

Hey There, Monieet...

I am sooooooo... VERY sorry, you are going through soooooo.. MUCH, relentless torment! Even though you and I are in the last stage of menopause, it has NOT gotten better! The symptoms have gotten WORSE! I often wonder, why is this so? Well, I can answer my own question, it's deemed HORMONAL IMBALANCE Hormonal imbalance and the meno trios are ALL synonymous, they go hand-in-hand! That being said, we are doing everything right regarding our health and sanity, yet menopause lets us know: I RULE, and there isn't a DAMN thing ANY of you women can do about it! 😒 😒 😒 Suffice it to say, seek out coping mechanisms to help you get through this TSUNAMI!! Know that you are NOT alone, and that you can frequent this forum to get advice, answers, and even rant, if you must! This is a SUPPORTIVE site, it is a safe space, and I am GRATEFUL to the moderator, Emis, for the inception of this Godsend-site! That being said, be well, my menopausal sistah!

• Edited

You both are scaring the hell out of me. I am currently in peri menopause 48 yrs old and have been told that things get better at the post menopausal stage. Six yrs of ups and downs with these maddening symptoms. I am currently battling joint pain in my knees and hips. Are any of you ladies on HRT ? I am seriously considering giving it a try.

• Edited

Hey, HF..

I am NOT trying to scare the HELL out of you at all, yet I don't want you to be blindsided, when your period finally ends! Having said that, there are COUNTLESS women on this site alone, who have PROCLAIMED their symptoms got WORSE in the last stage of this TSUNAMI, known as POST-MENOPAUSE! Suffice it to say, I am one of those women! Many days, I wonder, how on God's green earth, will I function? Right now, my anxiety is relentless and through the roof! At any given time, my left knee will literally collapse, and walking is challenging, when this happens. My post-menopausal journey is a friggin nightmare! It has been HELL ON EARTH, per one of the bloggers, on this forum! That being said, the GOOD, SANE, SOME-RELIEF days come in waves, and they are few and far between! On the days when I feel well, I clean my house thoroughly, relax, dance, sing, go to the movies, etc.. I say this because, out of nowhere, the horrible symptoms will flood my mind, body, and soul; the symptoms HIT like a ton of bricks, and many days, I feel as if I should HIDE from the world; because the symptoms are soooo.. brutal and hellish! Regarding HRT, I have NOT taken that route; simply because the whispers of cancer have frightened me, immensely. I am on the ALL-NATURELL route, and have been since the inception of peri-menopause. My total menopause journey is 17 years and counting, many older women have told me, menopause goes to the grave with us womenfolk! This is my story Hopeforever, and I will NOT sugarcoat it for anyone, I encourage you to read the other posts, regarding women who are in the post-menopausal stage as I am, and many of them are VERY similar to mine. On that note, be well, my menopausal sistah!

• Posted

Hi Hopeforever,

Please keep in mind that every woman's experience is different. Just because some women struggle in post-menopause, it doesn't mean that will be your story. From what I have read and understand, many of the most debilitating symptoms tend to taper off or end, once menopause approaches. That has certainly been my experience. After close to six years of what I can best describe as "human torture", I am finding myself again - only a better version: confident, unapologetic, and so grateful to have happiness and peace back in my life.

Feel free to private message me, if you wish. I will always respond.

Take good care,

B xo

• Posted

I forgot to add that I went through it all without hormones, and, in retrospect it was the right choice for me.

• Posted

Hi,

No I have not used HRT. Pros and cons on that one.

All of our journeys are different, so you may come out on the other side of all this not like myself.

Wish you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.