Post menopause discharge - had tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there I'm 53 and haven't had period for 2 years. In March I started getting watery pink discharge. It comes and goes.I've been to gynocologist 3 times since then had 2 ultrasounds and I hysterscopy and a biopsy. They said everything is normal -

Some atrophy of womb lining which is normal, but I still sometimes get this pale yellow/pink watery discharge. What should I do now??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this happened to me 2 ultra sounds Hysteroscopy biopsy & Polyp removed all came bk normal, i do take HRT this is why they checked me, glad i had it all checked though, i have just gone bk on HRT so will see what happens?

• Posted

Yes,always better to get it checked out..ive never taken hrt but doc said that spotting is perhaps due to a surge in hormones.
  • Posted

Did they tell you about vaginitis/vaginosis?  It happens when your hormones decrease.  Your vagina gets irritated and you have discharge.  
    • Posted

They didn't say anything about that. On the paper it says uterine atrophy. I do get a bit itchy down there sometimes but no pain or anything. Don't think it's an infection either cos discharge isn't smelly at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.