Post MVD surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had MVD surgery 4 months ago for hemifacial spasm. I was lucky to get 2-3 hours of sleep every night for the first 2 months . I had no appetite and I still have this salty taste in my mouth .Now everytime I chew my right eye gets small , wasn’t like that before surgery. I also hear whooshing sound on my right ear . It’s just so frustrating! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hopefully the current side affects from surgery, will get better with time. I have had MVD 2 times.  The 2nd time has left me with many complications. They are getting better, but very slow progress. Just glad to not have any pain. Dr.  said  it may take 2 yrs. for a full recovery if everything is going back to normal. I understand your frustration. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.