Post MVD Surgery Numbness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, everyone,

I am here on behalf of my mom, who underwent MVD surgery for TN in Mid June of 2016. She has great post-op recovery, only with the complication of numbness on the right side of her tongue. The pain caused by TN has gone ( Such a blessing!), but the persistent numbness and the occasional headache still bothers her. Just a few days ago, she complained to me about having neck pain and seems like there is also a newly-developed numbness around her chin/jaw area (which is 2 years after her surgery). I knew lots of MVD patients develop immediate numbness/tingling feeling right after the surgery, and some went away while others are permanent. I wonder if anybody has a similar experience of post-op "newly-developed numbness". I am worried if this is a sign of TN coming back.

Pardon me if I am not very accurate about TN.

Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i had the op done 14th march this year and i am still frozen on one side of my face the trouble is its not explained properly at the time i was expecting it to go but it doesnt because the nerv in your brain that caused the pain has had work done on it over a matter of time it will heal its self

then the TN could come back and u have to have the op again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.