Post Myomectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I had an Open Myomectomy on 22 February. I’m very disappointed. My periods are still really heavy and I still look 4 months pregnant. I was wondering if anyone else has had this. I’m beginning to wonder why I bothered to have the surgery. I am still swollen inside but surely if a uterus can heal itself 6 weeks after a baby is born. Then this should be a walk In the park.

I’m praying this gets better. I will mention all this at my follow up appointment on 30 May 2018. Just need something to hope for at the moment . 

Hope everyone else is doing better. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am terribly sorry to read your post. You have been through so many procedures & pain to rid yourself in the least invasive way of your fibroid/s. I hope everything continues to improve & that hopefully your body just needs more time to re-adjust. Keeping you in my prayers. best regards H

• Posted

I am really sorry to hear this and it makes me feel scared. 

So its been more than two months... I had an open myomectomy on the 17th of April. Obviously still healing and very swolen and I have a pouch like appearance just avove the scar? I really hope it goes away. 

I had my first period and it was also still very heavy but I don't have other symptoms anymore . Hoping for the best. 

I hope you can discuss everything with your doctor. Stay strong, the body needs a long time to heal. 

• Posted

I had myomectomy 4/3  and also wondering if I Made the right decision.  I chose the less invasive surgery.  My bleeding is erratic still some days very little to nothing and others very heavy with clots and worried  I may have to have a hysterectomy if this continues. Dr said it could do this for 3 months.  I have been bleeding since 2/13 due to larger fibroid - I just want it to end...
  • Posted

Sorry to hear your recovery is going so slowly. sad  I'm just over 1-week post open myomectomy (my second one!) and on day 10 of my period, which is abnormally long for me. Thankfully it's not the heavy bleeding I used to have and I was told not to worry because the body can take a while to re-adjust. So hang in there and try to be patient with your body (i know it's easier said than done!).

For the swelling, were you advised about wearing an abdominal binder at all? I was given one after my first myomectomy and I found it helped with support and compressing the swelling a bit. I asked my surgeon about it this time and he said it was fine to use if I wanted, so I'm hoping that helps with the swelling/pooch again. May be worth asking your Dr what he thinks when you have your follow up appointment.

Hope it gets better soon! x

• Posted

Hi Geezy,

Hope you are doing well now.I had my surgery 3weeks ago with 2 really big fibroids.

Why did you have second myomectomy??i mean did your fibroids grow back?

After how long?it really scared me😣😣😔😔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.