Post Myomectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i did myomectomy surgery last week Monday . went for my first check in today & the bandage was removed. My entire stomach is sore and the area that i got the bikini cut is so tender i cant even have fabric touch it . Is this normal ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi ash35036

I had my open myomectomy July 2018 and unfortunately for me that area is still a little tender, I find that I also can't place my underwear directly over the bikini area so yes it's completely normal to still experience tenderness and sensitivity as it hasn't been that long for you at all.

You may even experience this for a longtime until you are fully healed in that area.

Hope this helped!!

Feel free to ask any further questions x

Abz ☺️

• Posted

Thank Abz

after 1 full year you are still not a 100% healed. Ghees i wish i had done research on this level before. This is actually scarey. Im praying i wont have these issues after Nov. I also want to start trying for kids next year.

All we can do is Pray. Praying you will be fully healed shortly.

Ash💔

• Posted

Hi Ash,

It may not be the case for you but unfortunately my body takes longer to heal due to my anaemia, even if I cut my finger it takes longer than the normal person to heal.

Another mistake I made was going back to work way too soon, I found myself signed off (again) and back home into recovery so please try to get lots of rest and change your diet if it is bad and remember no heavy lifting.

Keep praying and all shall be well ❤️

Lots of love 😚

• Posted

Ok i understand a bit more now .

thanks for all the details.

🙏

• Posted

Hi i would advise you to wear underwear higher up so its not rubbing im still tender after 6 months and numb and tender across the belly area. Dont wear anything along that line it can cause breakdown not for at least 4 months. it can take a year for this to settle down. and thats normal. take pain relief to help heal inner layers anti inflammatories and no lifting anything for 8 weeks. all the best. It's tough Surgery but with the right support and love You will do well and in 6 months you will be nearly Back to normal. listen to your body what it needs ,how tired you are all part of the healing . happy recovery🤗.

• Posted

Try big belly covering pants and loose fitting dresses... i lived in these for about three months. Although i think i was mainly in PJs or joggers the first fortnight - both of which i bought sized up from my normal clothes size.

Also I recommend getting silicone strips to cover the incision as they protect and help the incision heal with minimal scarring.

As others have said, plan to take it easy and do everything to support your recovery in the first 12 weeks as its really easy to overdo it. And you wont know you've overdone it until later or the next day.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.