Post Myomectomy Blues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies, I hope you are doing well. 

I am 3 weeks post open myomectomy. The healing is going very well, still a bit of discomfort here and there but nothing serious. The wound has healed very nicely. I am seeing the gyn. in two days for a follow up. 

What I actually wanted to ask was if any of you experienced intense bouts of sadness and just feelings of hopelessness? Sometimes I just feel like crying 😢 but sometimes it is better 🙂. I stopped all painkillers a week after the op as I thought it contributed towards these feelings. Over and above that I am also obsessing over the op itself - like how exactly is a myomectomy performed 😳 

Anyway thanks for listening...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ibex,

I did! Just take it easy. Allow yourself and your body time to heal. I does get better, promised smile

• Posted

Hi - I had my myomectomy on 4/3 so it’s been a month now - and yes I have totally had bouts of sadness, crying .  I am still bleeding and I think that has contributed to my crying episodes because I just want it to end but dr say I can be like this for at least 3 months or longer on the bleeding part.  I have been bleeding since 2/13 that is why I had to have this procedure and I opted for this less invasive vs. hysterectomy and now I wonder if I made the right decision - I have to take it one day at a Time 
    • Posted

Did you have a open or laparoscopic myomectomy?  3 months is a very long time! I only had about two days of bleeding after my op. 

Stay strong and good luck. 

• Posted

I did have crying spells and extreme loneliness which i think the culprit was the estrogen pills i took as prevention for uterine adhesion. Youll feel back to normal interms of walking, strength, lifting without issues, sneezing without pain at week 6.
  • Posted

Ive read an article somewhere about these symptoms could possibly be caused by  general anesthesia. 

Or maybe the physical stress brought about by the physical trauma to the body...

• Posted

I did some 'research' and also saw that! Also that feelings of helplessness a brought on due to the fact that you can't go back to your daily routine for a while and that you are limited with activities. 

But as you said things do get better gradually, we sould just be patient and give our bodies time to heal 🙂

• Posted

I am an emotional wreck 😢

• Posted

I am so sorry that you feel this way 😔 Have you told someone, do you have support at home? 

When I feel so down some time with a family member or friend cheer me up quite a bit. The other things I also do...treat myself, get my nails and hair done - or whatever you like. 

I really hope you get the bleeding sorted out, I guess that is contributing to the whole issue. 

🙂🌸

• Posted

Thank you - just taking it one day at a time.... I have a appt for 2nd opinion on 5/23 we’ll see how that goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.