Post myringotomy congestion issues

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm an adult and had a myringotomy about a month ago because of eustachian tube issues (condensed story: pressure issues). The first few days seemed to help. After that I have had problems with my ETs being congested. I was on antibiotic drops initially and currently on prednisone drops. I'm still having issues feeling my ears are plugged up (although now my sinuses seem better). If I plug my nose and suck in I can hear squeaking in my ears, like when they're plugged with a cold. I don't have a cold or any infection. There is no drainage from my tubes. Decongestants and nasal sprays haven't helped. It's uncomfortable and has affected my hearing. The ENT has only said it will go away. The only treatment I see is maybe the balloon procedure in my ETs. Has anyone had this issue?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.