Post-nasal drip

Posted , 7 users are following.

I hope someone here can advise me. I have post-nasal drip, and I wake up every morning with this disgusting gunk at the back of my throat.

This has been going on for three years at least. My doctor gave me a nasal spray which didn't help. Does anyone here know of other ways of eliminating this - either natural ways or with aa different nasal spray? Thanks.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just read you are in the UK (ARMD) I;m in Frinton on Sea but live in East End of London,with my eldest son, who is my carer.
    • Posted

Dear Val,

Hope you're enjoying Frinton. We like to take a drive there during the summer.      Love Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess, We had a marvelous day in Clacton yesterday, hot sunshine, and was out for hours and hours,almost  ran myscooter out lol. We had breakfast out, went shopping to get a few things, one of which was Propolis lozenge from Holland and Barretts which I found out about it on this site (much ceaper than Manuka Plus 15 ) as I had a sore throat. Took about 4 and it is now gone. Marvelous stuff. then listened tp a woman with a great voice singing all the "oldies" obviously for Fathers; Day  outside on the front, and both loved it, More georgeous chips and some soft drinks as he was driving and I can't drink with my meds)  We have similar taste in music and although he is 44 he likes all the old songs, weird isn't it? Today it is heavy rain, but  would have found it difficult to go out as IBS is playing up.

Going out Thursday for a meal with his ex (all still friends) I like her a lot, and we are going to a Carvery for a meal, it's my 73 birthday, voted by postal vote for the Refererendum.

Love, Val.

• Posted

I have had sinus congestion almost constantly for at least 2 years. It comes with post nasal drip and constant throat-clearing. The mucus puts pressure on my eustachian tubes and causes me to feel light-headed.I also have shortness of breath which I think is caused because all my breath has to come from my mouth. Pseudoephedrine helps more than anything else. I also take fluticasone which really seem to help but it causes my nose to bleed. After some internet research, I found something called silent reflux or layngeal/pharyngeal reflux. The symptoms were post drip, throat clearing, shortness of breath and possibly sinus congestion. Treatment was the same as for GERD and since I had a huge hiatal hernia I decided to go to a GI doctor who repaired my hernia and did a fundoplication. But it did not fix my problem. The MD said I should see a pulmonologist who did a spirometer test and told me I don't have COPD. So my last hope is to see an ENT doctor. My appointment is next week. I hope he can diagnose my problem and treat it.

• Posted

I live in the US and we have something called a neti pot which is basically a saline rinse. Is that what you are talking about. There is another alternative that is a lot less expensive. It is a a bottle that you fill with water and put in about a half a teaspoon or more of salt and then you squirt it up your nostrils. It doesn't seem to do anything for the post nasal drip but it is refreshing to have my nostrils cleaned out. I hope you can find a good ENT that can help you not only with your sinuses but with your ears too!

• Posted

I didn't read all of your replies until just now and somehow I am missing what medication? Neil med? , you guys are talking about. And I'm wondering what it is because it sounds like it's something different than a neti pot. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me what it is you are talking about?

• Posted

By the way did you try it and did it work?
    • Posted

Hi!

Yes, we're talking about NeilMed and it's working wonderfully for me.

Thsnks!!!            love Tess   xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.