post nasal drip

Posted , 3 users are following.

My voice tone changes mid conversation sometimes getting more frequent. Asked doc about it as have been querying thyroid worries with him. He has made an urgent appointment to have it looked into at hospital. I told him the bronchiectasis clinic in hospital told me the bronchiectasis could be caused by post nasal drip. I can feel mucus going down my throat recently had never noticed it before doc said it could be due to this but also have to be checked for cancer of the thyroid. Really worried anyone else have any of these problems

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been having similar problems with post nasal drip I get a thick mucus that starts in my sinuses and then drains into my throat causing all sorts of problems like troubles breathing and swallowing. I also feel like my throat might be swollen up too sad
  • Posted

Post nasal drip is horrible. Does sound like you have it. Drinking lots of water seems to thin it out, not sure their is a 'cure' for it though.

• Posted

been to hospital ent dept urgent referal. Doctor stuck tube up my nose down to throat to check voice box.Said everything ok so waiting to go see my gp. Coughed ever since it is like he has caused another problem by going down there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.