Post Nasal Drip and Persistent Cough

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from this for 8 months now.  I am getting to the end of my tether,  no one seems to help.  All the doctor has given me is these stupid nasal sprays which are as good as useless.   I have high blood pressure which is kept lower through tablets so I have to be careful what I take but surely there is a tablet you can take to dry this up.

Has anybody any answers.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No you'll choke yourself that way. Take the tube out, lean well forward over the sink and turn your head to one side. Apply bottle top firmly to upper nostril and queeze bottle gently keeping mouth open. If you aren't leaning forward enough or don't have your head on one side the liquid will run into the back of your throat and you'll gag. This occasionally happens to me but I just stop and start again You will then taste a bit of salt in your mouth. It's worth persisting, I've been doing it at least 6 weeks now, my nostrils feel nice and clear once I've gently blown my nose afterwards and very little problem now with thick mucus in throat.
    • Posted

I wil have another go today and bear in mind all that has been said. The last thing I want is to be choked (mind you if I cough for a lot longer I can see folk queuing up to choke me anyway).   I did notice a salty taste in my mouth yesterday afternoon and if fact it made me sick but may be not a bad thing.   Not being a sickly person I find all this most strange but onwards and upwards as they say.
  • Posted

This is the ONLY thing that works for me after 2 years... 400 mg ibuprofen. Try it.

• Posted

I celebrate 5 years of this wonderful experience in life this year.Who ever thought it would go on for 5 years. Thank you for your suggestion.I do have high blood pressure so have been advised not to take ibuprofen. I will ask the doctor next time I get to speak to him. You never know may be now they have changed their thoughts on ibuprofen.

All the best and stay healthy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.