Post Nissan Fundiplication

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya I had a Nissen Fundiplication procedure 5 weeks ago and am still struggling with food. I constantly feel hungry but have an awful pain in the right side of my throat which comes and goes. It's almost as if there is wind coming up but bring with it an excruciating pain. Does anyone else suffer like this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Leeann

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest discussing this with your doctor.  However, It could be a result of anesthesia procedure rather than your surgery. It is not unusual to have a sore throats for days or weeks after a surgical procedure due to the endotrachral tube inserted. The air with pain you describe COULD be indicative of that. I would also discuss it with the anesthetist or anesthesiologist who put you to sleep. That person will be named in your medical record and leaving a message to discuss your situation with him or her would be advisable.

Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Thankyou Jeannie I will mention that when I speak to my doctor tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.