Post op 10 days & have started bleeding again...wondering why?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a rear vaginal wall repair (rectocele) 10 days ago and apart from the 1st BM trauma and thrush the bleeding slowed down very quickly.  Late this afternoon I started bleeding again (bright red) and was wondering is this because I have possibly been standing a bit too much the last 2 days?  Or is this normal? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I to had a bleed on day 10,panicked me so went to dr who explained that it was totally normal and nothing to worry about. I bled for a full week and then it stopped as quick as it started. Dr did say it will happen again between 6-8 weeks when sutures start to disolve,hope this helps
    • Posted

Thank you that's good news.  It's just so hard to know what is normal when everything down there seems very abnormal.  I appreciate your info.
  • Posted

Hello rita. As Karen has said it's normal and nothing to be concerned about. Sometimes when a suture dissolves you get some bleeding. I hope you are still resting and taking things easy
    • Posted

Hi matron Iv spoke to you b4 I had anterior and posteria prolapse repair 10 sept this wk Iv felt slight prolapse gain I feel it there more when need to go for bm I'm so worried Iv not told anyone what do you think will I get through Xmas alright if I leave till after I'm so worried
    • Posted

Hi jackie it will be ok leaving it but don't you think it's better to put your mind at rest and see your GP before Christmas? It may not be a slight prolapse and I'd be very surprised if it is 
    • Posted

Thanku for your quick reply .. Yes think I will ring go tomoro I can feel that hard feeling inside when I examine myself just bit worried
    • Posted

Keep in touch jackie. I'm sure everything will be ok.
  • Posted

Since my bleeding started again on day 10 its been 5 days now and I have been bleeding quite heavily,  Changing my pads a few times a day.  Is this still normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.