Post-op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well I had the op yesterday and after it felt no pain, no sickness and hardly any bleeding.

I went to theatre at 12:15pm and was awake by 1pm smile

I'm a little swollen and it's a little tender but walking normally, although slower on stairs and when sitting.

I have to go back for my follow-up in 3 weeks and will see my GP next week so fingers crossed.

Will report back then.... but so far so good!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was wondering how you are. I am due to have my Bartholin's cyst removed in 2 weeks and I wasn't sure how long it takes to recover. Antway hope you are well.
  • Posted

Hi Matron,

I'm going to see my Consultant today so will find out exactly what he did and how I'm progressing.

However, if you have an abscess/infection now, I would ask them to give you antibiotics when you leave hospital. I didn't get them and suffered some pain/discharge after a week so my GP gave me a week's worth of antibiotics. I stopped them last week and got a bit of pain again so started a 2 week course of antibiotics on Tuesday.

I would advise you to REALLY take it easy for at least 2 weeks to allow the tissue to heal.

I'll report back once I see the Consultant today.

• Posted

Hi Matron,

Just to let you know I'm doing good smile

The Consultant is very happy with my progress and said I'm healing well. Infection looks as though it's gone but I still have another weeks worth of antibiotics to take. I have had no pain/discomfort at all today and feel more like my 'old self'.

He said it'll be another 3 weeks before I feel 100%. It just takes time and with it being in such a delicate area, it takes time before sitting and walking feels completely normal.

Matron, ado you know if you are you having it done by laser from the inside or an incision from the outside?

All the best.....

• Posted

Hi Laser Lady

I am so pleased everything is going well.

I am having the cyst removed from the outside which means the consultant will have to suture the wound. I am having the operation on 2nd December but I have no idea how long I will be off work. I will be glad when it is all over.

Best wishes to you and I hope you continue to improve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.