Post op

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi girls

i hope you remember me? I had a yah BSO last July for heavy bleeding but was in so much pain after I had surgery again in December to see why my left side was so painful. My consultant could not get in due to adhesions so I had further open abdominal surgery to have them removed 11 days ago, the findings was mass adhesions which had attached to my bowel these have now been removed after 3 hour surgery 😩 Xx I asked my consultant if it is normal to be in more pain this time round as my tag was open surgery but not as bad as this, he explained he had a lot of work to do inside and had to manipulate my bowel then scrape, I a so sore it's unreal I am trying to move around but this makes it worse I am hoping this is the last surgery for a while and I can move on? Xxx I thought I would update you on my progress as promise xxx love to you all

Nic 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are so sore and ill. Hoping you feel better quick! Don't remember, what surgery did you have that gave you the adhesions?
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

I have now had 4 open abdominal ops. 2 x c sections, I had TAH BSO last July but had a lot if pain in left side so went back in December for investigation laparoscopy which he could not get in due to mass adhesions and advised I would need to have open surgery again to have them removed, once in he found a large band across my belly button area and my bowel was attached to my tummy wall due to all the scar tissue 😩 I was in surgery 3 hours whilst he scraped it all away x I felt this was far worse than having my hysterectomy and I thought that painful, I had this on 31st March Thursday they let me out on the Saturday but I was re admitted on the Tuesday due to heavy bleeding from behind. I had a blockage which then created overflow this was why bleeding? I am now in laxiatives for a while to help healing and remove blockage just as well can't go anywhere otherwise be a bit nasty haha xx feeling little better this morning but I feel I was to blame doing too much after my TAH thinking I was super woman so this time I am doing as I'm told haha xxx

• Posted

Yes, behave yourself and I hope you recover once and for all! No more surgeries! Keep us posted!
    • Posted

Haha hi Debbie

Yes I am being good and hopefully no more surgeries x it's hard as feel worse this time than my TAH but I keep being told they had a lot of work to do? Wish they had taken my bum bag tummy too hahaha 😱 I have an amazing 17 year old daughter who is not letting me do a thing haha she is wonderful even my 9 year old son says no mam I'll do that for you I'm so blessed xx my hubby helps too but I like it wen he is at work and not fussing ha xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.