post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

OK I'm now 4 and a half weeks post op after a posteria and anteria coloophraphy. Just realised that I can see my urethal opening again does this mean that surgery wasn't sucessful. Or is this just part of the healing process. Bowel area seems fine and I can insert a finger and feel the stiches now so swelling must be doing down. Did post in here a few weeks ago but was upset by the comments made

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Anna, I am the lady that sent you a private message, I have had the same op and the last time I looked was a week ago and I could not see in but also could feel the stiches when I put the tip of  my finger in. I was upset by what I saw and was told it is the swelling.

they say between week 4/6 are  not always good  as the stiches are starting to come out and can be worse than the first few week

I myself have a good day then a bad day I think I am trying to do to much walking I feel some days very swollen underneath and dry and heaven if that makes sense.

i hope this helps love 💕

Take care chic x

• Posted

Oh dear, what was said a few weeks ago that put you off regularly communicating on here? I thought we could all see our urethral opening? I wouldn't truly be poking around with fingers inside, especially when you will most likely still have stitches and could do for some time yet. It won't be healed yet and you might disturb that process plus even cause it to split apart. I think it all should be left well alone and especially until post-op check has been done by Surgeon to confirm all is well healed. Plus you can  introduce infection while it is all trying to heal.
    • Posted

Robyn, I agree with everything you say, and do not look, it is very hard to preper for the operation as I don't think anyone realises how slow the recovery is and so many difrent feelings along the way from heavey lumpy ful vagina stiches pulling tired difrent sorts of discharge  physical and emotional problems ect

Anna asked a question and I think some of the answers were very direct questions back instead of answers, and sometimes that can scare people, I know I have had some really emotional days but have met some people on here that I have been able to inbox and got reassurance 

that at said Anna as come back so it is nice we have answered her now, I thought jour comments were very good and have helped me to.

i hope you are healing well take care xxx💕💕💕

• Posted

Hi Anna,

Sounds like your healing, stitches will start to loosens on over 4/6 weeks as the area around stitching starts to tighten up and heal.

Look after yourself and take things easy, keep resting plenty.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Hi Phyl, I hope you are well chic, how's the walking I managed 1400 steps yesterday not a lot but I am going to try to maintain it till Monday then move up to 2000.

a question, remember I am not good with anatomies, does it all swell again as the stiches come out?

💗💗💗💗💗

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

Walking going fine, doing about 40/50 mins in mornings/afternoons and out in evening doing some fod shopping us ally out about 30/45 mins.

Most I've done was about 1hour 45 mins in one go while shopping in city centre, thought I had overdone things, but was actually OK.

Going out to do some shopping today again so will see how it goes, don't want to overdo it, as big day tomorrow.

I get more discomfort from muscles at top of legs just under bum cheeks. Sometimes feel a little achy and throbbing around vag opening but doesn't last long.

Don't remember any new swelling as stitches loosen.

Take care and rest plenty.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

sorry prest to early

does the swelling go up and down dependent on how much you do  was really the question?

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

Not really sure at what point my stitches came out as not found any loose stitches as yet. Still have one in the posterior (really tight).

I assumed as swelling went down and rough area where stitches were is now smoother, stitches must be disolved.

Not really sure that swelling goes up and down as I do more, but definitely aware of irritated, dry uncomfortable feeling after overdoing things similar to bruised feeling after giving birth.

I think the whole area kind of resettles as swelling goes down, can't really remember how it should feel, but reckon the front wall is a bit curved inwards but don't think it's prolapsed as it's not painful like a prolapse would be!

Hope this helps,

Phyl x ☺☺☺

• Posted

I never saw my sutures at all phyl, I was disappointed 
    • Posted

Hi, I am having a better day any again today so not going to over do things it is 3.02pm and I only have 280 steps left to do to keep me to schedul of 1470 steps, I have split the walking up as I don't  want to feel like I did yesterday.

sunshine and rain in Halifax today lady's happy healing 💓💓💓💓💓💓

• Posted

Only seen a couple last time on my pad when repair done time before. So don't know what happens to mine, was told by someone not sure if GP or back at cunsultant that its not separate stitches but one big long stitch.

X☺

• Posted

Some surgeons do prefer one long stitch but I know mine were separate ones. Goodness knows where they went.
    • Posted

We have had mainly sun but becoming overcast, been shopping for 3 hours, probably walking for about 2 hours of that time.

Again thought I'd really overdone things, but got my feet up and feel OK now. Just a bit uncomfortable and a little bit throbbing.

So I think what happens is that as the weeks go on recovery time is quicker. As probably mainly feel worse for wear due to being unfit now!

X☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.