Post Op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.... 3wks post keyhole Hysterectomy.... Woke this morning pain in lower abdomimal &Lowerback...also aching vagina, blood in my morning pee.. Also Blood clots... Size 5c piece....... Still loosing minimal blood....... Was naughty picked up 3yr old grandson yesterday a few times.. Nurofen taken...... Still pain thou.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, if you are losing clots then you should see your doctor, you really shouldn't be lifting your grandson, I mean no disrespect but that was a bit silly you could really damage yourself and may end up back in hospital, please seek medical advice and no lifting anything heavier than a kettle.

Phoebe.

• Posted

Thank you Phoebe, yes totally agree with both of you gals.. Very silly indeed. Will go see doc.. 💕
    • Posted

Do you mean the lifting advice?  You mustn't lift anything heavier than a kettle for at least 6 weeks post hysterectomy, no vacuuming or similar, only things like light dusting etc, don't forget your insides have been cut so your muscles etc have to have time to repair.

• Posted

Arh yes, ok, so same applies for pelvic floor repairs as hysterectomy.
    • Posted

Yes, I had my hysterectomy in 2014 (Dec) and even now if I lift anything heavy (Sack of compost for instance) my tummy really complains for an hour or so afterwards, no pain it just swells a bit and is uncomfortable.
  • Posted

Agree with Phoebe, please go to your doctors Noelene or refer back to your hospital ward. Regards.
  • Posted

Thank you all you lovelies for your comments.. 💕💕💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.