post op 8 days

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had a sleepless nite and this morning it was painful when i put my foot down.i rested in my bed 2day and i am feeling a lot better now.i suppose u have good days and bad days.i managed 2 sit out in sun 4 half an hour 2 nite and it was lovely just 2 get fresh air.i am so bored and cant wait 2 go back 2 hospital on thursday.hopefully i will be able 2 do a wee bit more walking instead of my foot up all the time.i get cramp in my toes and foot as well but it doesnt last long.does this all sound normal 2 all the people thats further along then me.sorry 4 moaning,just unsure what 2 expect,i know we all heal differently,but i am trying 2 do as im told lol.hope u are all well.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary , it's still early days for you and what you have said sounds perfectly normal , I'm post op 9 weeks , I'm still not back to work yet as my foot is still swollen , I have now got to go to physio starting on 9 th June , i can get training shoes on with the lace out but nothing else will fit my foot ! , I'm not sure when I will be returning to work as I'm a delivery driver so on my feet all day , my foot still feels numb at times and it feels like it's going to explode , so I will have a word with the physio team when I go . Take care and try to rest your foot as much as you can 
    • Posted

thanks 4 ur reply.it makes me feel better 2 know thats okay.hope u re cover soon,u sound as if u have been through a lot.things can only get better.chin up and hope u see the light at the end of the tunnell.

• Posted

I am at exactly the same sage as you and feeling much the same so I guess this must be normal. completely bored and can' t wait to get the stitches out but am not sure how much better this will be as I believe one can only weight bear for 10 or 15 minutes per hour.

Another question for people out ther how soon can I go on a short haul flight post op?Am hoping to fly to France 3 weeks after op

• Posted

i think its the unknown and i just need reassured.thank u joyce.i dont know about flying because of the pressure inside the aeroplane.u would need 2 ask ur doctor.happy healing.

• Posted

Hope all is progressing well for you.

I woke up in pain last night and had to take painkillers which I had cut right down, strange as I had been pretty comfortable during the previous couple of days and nights and thought I was over the worst. Are you still taking painkillers on a regular basis ?

Take care

• Posted

i am taking solpadol.im a lot better 2day,just when i put my foot down and the blood rushes down 2 it but i think that is normal.maybe we wil have good days and bad days and hopefully the bad days get less.speedy recovery 2 u joyce.

• Posted

Mary, Im ten weeks post op on left foot and 3 days right foot. Everything you are going thru I felt the same way.It's a painful, long at times and a very boring recovery.Cramps are normal and I started wiggling my non operated toes as much as I could stand it. This is a good place to vent and moan. That is so normal. You may want to follow the thread '' Hello There''. It's been a journey of my recovery day by day along with other great people I met on the way. 
    • Posted

thanks bob.i dont feel so bad  now i know its normal.u dont know what 2 expect.i am going 2 follow the thread" hello there" and im sure it will be a great help.u take care and hope u have a good recovery.

• Posted

Most people on ''Hello There'' thread are back to there normal lives. It is a journal like of the past 11 weeks since my first surgery. Met some really cool people from around the world. They were great support. That thread is pretty quiet now. I will be still posting untill I'm posting to myself. LOL Always around for any suggestions you may need. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Mary

just as Happy Face says it's early days , and the more you can keep your foot / feet lifted the better and quicker the healing try an ice boot to reduce the swelling or even frozen peas onto or under the foot along with good pain relief , the one thing you learn after this op is patience good luck :-)

• Posted

thanks,i am trying 2 be good lol.it just gets very boring but i should be enjoying the rest.if the weather got nicer i could sit out the backdoor but it has been very rainy in scotland the last few days.thats a fortnight 2morro since i got my op.so i have still got a we bit 2 go.hope every1 is healing nicely.take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.