Post Op Achilles Update

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys it's been a year since I tore my Achilles and it will be exactly 1year on 7/27/17 since surgery and I still have numbness in the plantar part of my foot and toes. Is anyone else experiencing this????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Did you have a tendon transfer ? I had surgery for my complete rupture of my achillies in Feb 2015 and surgeon took tendon from big toe to repair it but alas that effected my whole foot and curled up all my toes hence had to have two more operations to straighten my toes and yes to answer your question yes I have still got numbness in my plantar part of foot and toes and they say that numbness will remain for years yet
    • Posted

No I didn't have a transfer and my toes have not curled up. It's just annoying because I still have the burning, stinging sensations and Noone can tell me how long this will go on.

• Posted

Even tho I have had more problems They say prob years before you get all that Feeling back again ,sorry you maybe in that hard place to Lots of hard work at the gym and keep your foot stimulated at all times
  • Posted

Still have numbness on part of the bottom of my right foot.  Surgery was 12/30/16

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.