Post op Ankle ligament reconstruction

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 3 weeks post ankle ligament reconstruction and just started with weight bearing while wearing the boot. Has anyone else experienced heel pain during this process. I know it's only been 3 weeks butmy incisions are no where near my heel. Thanks in Advance!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you anywhere near a beach. My surgeon told me to walk in sand to help stretch the foot ligaments in the arch area to eliviate heel pain. Also PT helps & rolling a water bottle under the arch also stretches the arch area to help . Also try using a pillow at night between the bed and heel the compression from the weight of the foot and leg. Like you mentioned it's early in the healing process and this will get better?

peace & healing 🤗

• Posted

I wish we were near the beach. It's 5 degrees with 6 inches of snow outside. Lol. The water bottle and pillow are great ideas though, thank you. I think I'm just expecting too much too fast.

• Posted

Snow is good to walk in protect the foot from cold. Soft unpressed powder Snow gives as you walk in a few inches similar to sand. It can help stretch out the sore stiff arch area. Need ski poles for balance when your ready if u can find a good snow spot. It's good to get out to get the adrenaline pumping helps with pain and healing! Get the oxygen flowing !😉And rest is just as important! 

Its early too. Ask about water therapy to encourage healing and flexibility by placing the foot in a whirlpool/hot tub can relax the muscles and tendons with less pressure,assuming incision has healed.

It is a bit soon and I wish you the best! Take your time there is never a time frame for heeling! 🤗

Happy new year🎉

• Posted

My doctor also told me to do calf stretches and be sure that I'm walking heel-to-toe to avoid the heel pain. Good luck! It will get better.

• Posted

How long have you been weight bearing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.