Post-Op Appointment Cancelled

Posted , 6 users are following.

Doc just called me and they are cancelling clinics for the next 2 weeks 😕. Was supposed to get a cast on Monday. He said my stitches are on the inside so he’s ok with leaving me in the post op splint until he can eventually see me. Risk of infection is lower and my splint was put on in the sterile OR. Wasn’t looking forward to sitting in a cast for 4 weeks anyways. Crazy times. anyone else get this experience??

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

im calling my doctor office tommorow, I know this past week they had canceled all their appointments

I have a follow up next week but since my fall I’m not sure they’re even going to see me next week if they cancel it next week too because of what’s going on

stay patient it’ll happen

• Posted

im calling my doctor office tommorow, I know this past week they had canceled all their appointments

I have a follow up next week but since my fall I’m not sure they’re even going to see me next week if they cancel it next week too because of what’s going on

stay patient it’ll happen

• Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that! I was concerned about the same thing happening to me so called my Doc last week to see if I could get my post-op appointment sooner as to a void any such issues. I was told no and they would be open; but now I am worried.

This situation puts those of us who are post-op in a tough situation..I too am in a post op plaster splint and suppose to get my post op cast next Tuesday... I want to get my splint off as it is up to my knee and very heavy and getting loose; plus my stitches are on the outside so they need to come out.

In some ways perhaps it is safer to wait; risk vs reward. I'm waiting to get that phone call telling me my appointment is cancelled as well! Stay healthy!!!

• Posted

any word on your appointment? my splint loosens too and i just tighten the ace wrap a little to make it snug. i just dont know when it is too loose. Doc didnt seem overly concerned and i think he is more concerned with no weight bearing!

• Edited

Hey There....Really bad timing to be post op! Everything is pretty much in lock down here in NJ...I think he will still see me but won't really know till Monday; suppose to get cast on/stitches out on Tuesday. My splint is really loose to...Guess we just have to be patient and hope for the best...This is stir crazy X2....Be well.

• Edited

Heres how my recovery has gone.....get in routine with kids in school and they send kids home. Look forward to getting back to work.....we work from home. Look forward to getting cast on.....they cancel that appointment. not much you can do but laugh at this point and continue healing. have a great day

• Posted

Totally get it! Nothing is normal; life is flipped upside down and all I wanna do is go for a run! Have to roll with the changes and maintain positive outlook. Stay well...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.