Post op appt.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Just an update on my progress. I am 9 weeks post op for a total hysterectomy, A&P repair and a TVT. Had my appt with consultant today. (Well one of his registrars). I told her about being sore around my perineum still. She examined me saying that the area was healing nicely. She then inserted a Speculum. Oh My Goodness!!! It hurt. She said my vault was till abut raw so to continue taking it easy. She said I can not start gentle exercise (I love cycling) so thinking of joining a gym so I can swim and do yoga or Pilates to build up my core and pelvic floor again. Got physio appt on mon so hopefully will get some guidance. I'm still not back to work and I'm not hurrying back. I work in a special needs school so will be active once back but I'm doing phases return when I do return and the summer hols are coming soon too so will have longer to recover.

I've found reading other woman's experiences very informative and has helped me realise that my pains etc are pretty normal to the op.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm sure ladies will be interested in your post and the progress you're making but the message is clear......rest is still important.
  • Posted

I'm 9 week's a&p repair and like you I'm still in a lot of pain I kept thinking I should be feeling a lot better and able to walk more but reading your post maybe I was expecting too much,I wasn't due to see my consultant till Sept but my GP has got me in nxt week as she says I shouldn't be in so much pain, does your front prolapse still hang down slightly as mine does and wondered if this is normal, pleased you are feeling better and even contemplating the gym
    • Posted

Melons you shouldn't be in a lot of pain at 9 weeks post op .
    • Posted

That's what my GP said I'm on gabapentin and Nefopam and when the pain breaks through I take paracetamol, the pain increases through out the day and makes me want to hold my bits up as sometimes the pain makes me feel nauseous, I honestly thought this was all part of the healing process
    • Posted

It is part of the healing process but you shouldn't be feeling so much pain now.
    • Posted

Hopefully I will get some answers nxt week from the consultant
    • Posted

Oh dear it sounds like your having more pain than you should at this stage. When I look at my bits in a mirror I can see something inside and when I asked what it was today at my appt she said it was normal and nothing to worry about but to me it looks like part of my bladder but I'm no expert. I have some pain but nothing that a couple of paracetamol can't ease. I hope you get sorted soon and your pain eases. Take care. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.