Post op biceps tenodesis & shoulder surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 months post op shoulder debridement and biceps tenodesis. I have been having some unbearable pain that has been keeping me up through the night, and letting me take cat naps through the day. I've had an abscess in my incision and also developed pseudomonas in my incision. I am newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia and, I also just recently had knee meniscus repair surgery in July of 2020.

My therapist and myself informed my Surgeon, and PA and PT was placed on hold. An ultrasound to verify a cysts was performed, and an MRI to see if the rotator was affected again. Nothing is relieving me of this pain. I cannot lift my arm at a 30, 45, or 90 degree angle. No matter what position I lie in I'm still very uncomfortable. My neck hurts, sometimes I feel a sharp, burning, stabbing, and throbbing pain in my scapula area and my biceps area. when I lay down that's when I feel the pain at its worst. I received a steroid injection yesterday, and my doctor wants to refer me to a psychiatrists as if my pain isn't real!!! Pain is subjective! It is whatever the patient says! I have been a functioning LPN for 15 years and I've NEVER experienced pain such as this before. My knee hurts when I walk or stand too long, but my shoulder hurts when I am trying to do the most important thing (sleep/rest).

What's sad is that I go where the New Orleans Saints & Pelicans Go and this is my second surgery...the pain has not gotten better it is worst!!!! Could something be wrong?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would get a second opinion. I am so sorry for what you're going through. I am 9 weeks post-op from bicep tenodesis, rotator cuff debridment, and 2 labral tears. I had 5 anchors put in. I had to wait 30 weeks for this surgery as it was a workers comp injury so my Dr has said I'll be lucky to get 75-80% function back in my arm. Unbearable pain is not normal!! You know your body and what is best for you! I have been to the ER twice since my surgery from unbearable pain and I had internal bleeding and swelling from scar tissue breaking off. I am tired of pain meds masking the problem. Psychiatry should be the last thing on these Drs minds and they should be looking for a solution! Shoulder surgery is one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. I wish you luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.