Post-op carpal tunnel release surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with bi-lateral CTS about 7 mo ago with my left hand being quite severe. I had the right hand done first and it turned out ok so I had the left hand  done which did not do well at all.I now have extreme pain and complete numbness in my thumb and first 2 fingers and they are "on fire" from the inside out 24/7. I did not have these symptoms before surgery. The three feel like they are wrapped in duct tape or something as tightly as you could wrap them and feel like they will explode any minute, if I touch metal or my phone or anything electrical, my fingers are on fire immediately and it is the most debilitating pain I have ever experienced. This is consuming my life as it affects every aspect of it. I basically have 0% use of my left hand and this is on my mind all day and night. I've seen 2 hand surgeons and both tell me to give it time to heal but I know it is too severe and probably permanent. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this and how to make it better? I cannot live like this much longer, it's exhausting and very depressing. Thank you for listening and I welcome all comments

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Come and discuss it on carpal tunnel net. We'll need much more information. Dr J Bland

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.