Post op check up

Posted , 6 users are following.

had my post op check up yesterday 4 weeks large as they forgot to send me an appointment consultant pleased with my progress so haven't got to go back till next year back to work in 2 weeks time 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Awesome news!🙌😁😊🙌

So glad all is going well!

Let us know how things go after going back to work, ok?

• Posted

thanks Cheryl so glad to be rid of the arthritis pain still working on the knee . Not looking forward to going back to work have got used to being at home and having time to spend with my new grandson who is 8 weeks old now 
    • Posted

Awwww! Congratulations on that new grandson of yours!🍼

SO much fun being a grandparent! We became grandparents for the first time last September. Our granddaughter has such a happy disposition! Very fun to be with her!

Take care!

TRY not to overdo things at work

Give your new grandson a big hug from us!😊💗

• Posted

How long as it been since your tkr?
    • Posted

I am 14 weeks post op and am 72 and retired. I have a small business where I make and sell clothes for the American girl doll. I used to be able to sew 8 hours a day. Now I can't get past 2 hours without my knee completely stiffening and swelling. I do stop to stretch ever half hour or so but it doesn't seem to help. As soon as the swelling starts I find it difficult to bend my knee. I can't get past a 105 bend. I am getting very depressed and admire you for being able to go back to work and get on with your life.

• Posted

I had my left tkr last March and it is only really the past couple of months that   I don't think about it so much this one have still got stiffness and soreness in it I still have to ice it and it is not quite straight I am only in for 1 day next Friday then I am on holiday for a week will see how I get on on Friday will probably be exhausted by the end of the day I work in a post office on the counter and my manager has got extra staff in so I will have help as can't lift anything heavy for a while 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.