Post op clinical appointment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone had a clinical appointment post op and then a meeting with consultant a week after? Still waiting on pathology results for my mum after 3 weeks post op. Suspected cancer, the mcmillen nurse we have been assigned to said she had the pathology results on the screen in front of her but has to check with Dr first to see if what she is reading is correct. (She will be ringing us back apparently)

It doesn't sound to good to me rolleyes

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also, surely if it was all clear she would have just said. Not have to double check what she's seeing.  I dunno. Im getting so stressed over the results. Is anyone able to shed any light on this?
  • Posted

Hi Livi i had my CT scan a week last Thurs because when i had full abdominal hysterectomy because of a large cyst when it was cheked it was boaderline.And i am still waiting for my results.And i am in bits just waiting surely i shouldnt be waitng this long.I phoned up this morning and they said they will phone me back.
    • Posted

Hey Julie, yes I remember you saying. So they told you it was borderline from pathology or what they saw during op? Mums whole hospital experience has been awful. Im confused why the nurse rang our house last night and said to mum "you have two appointments now clinical one on the 17th of November and one with gyne/onc 27th." Then when mum asked xan you tell me my pathology results please she said "I have them on my computer screen now, I need to double check what I am reading with a Dr and I will ring you back" 

Hopefully if your cyst was borderline Julie it might not have been cancerous yet, but if left in could change. Have my fingers crossed for you also xx

• Posted

Aw your poor mum am sure if it was serious i am sure Livi that they would want to see her sooner.Can you not phone the gynis secretory up and ask her again just say your mum is so worried about the results can you not tell her over the phone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.