Post op exhaustion

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, I am seven week post op. Very healthy, active person, with normal knee recovery. However I am continually suffering from exhaustion. I am tired by the time I am dressed in the morning. I am normally very active, able to do housework, gardening etc.  Is this normal after so long

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 5 weeks post op and feel so tired all the time. I am taking 100 mg of tramadol a day so think this also contributes to the fatigue. I don't think I'm anemic. I cannot take iron as it makes me nauseous. I am looking forward to getting past this stage of recovery and feeling better again. At this point it's hard to see the benefits of the TKR. I am doing therapy which has helped tremendously to strengthen the knee and gain some flexibility. Hope you are doing much better.

• Posted

Keep going. The fatigue will disappear in time. Just accept that it will take time to recover. I am three months past second TKR and six months past my first. It took me a while to feel normal. I now ride a bike, swim and walk so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck
    • Posted

Five weeks?  Welcome to the club, "Kneebie"...you have a long way to go.

Fatigue?  I asked my GP why I was sleeping 12-14 hours a day two months after my TKR.  She said:

" All of the healing energy of your body is being directed towards your knee.  Your body knows what it's doing...trust it."

I think that says it all...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.