Post op follow up/ discussion with surgeon......

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all !

?I do want to acknowledge your questions and concerns you've all been sending me but I wanted to wait till I spoke with Dr. Undavia b4 I addressed any of you and this short  blurb should answer most. Saw Doc on 7/20/2017. Told him truthfully that I really didn't feel much better after two weeks. Right tube still leels clogged and ear is still popping constantly. Not as intensely but still annoying. He told me , of course, everyone responds differently. Some experience immediate relief. some take 4-8 weeks to find some improvement and some don't respond to the surgery at all. So at this juncture, I'm staying optimistic and I'm hoping over the next 4-6 weeks Things do improve. If not, the doc and I have agreed to attack this from all  angles, from repeating the surgery in the future, or possibly looking into other reasons this is occuring. Thats where we're at, at this point. I'll keep you al posted especially if things improve. Fingers crossed please and thanks again to all of you for your concern, prayers and other positive energy

Peace , love

?Merlin 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the procedure done in March by Dr. Brian Weeks in San Diego. As of today, my procedure was not a success. The only person I have found that was successful was Diane, here on this forum. I would love to hear more success stories.

Dr. Weeks told me 6-8 weeks for healing.

• Posted

Do you have any idea what is causing the ETD? Mine seems to be narrowed down to either allergies or TMJ. I am thinking some of both due to the way my ears have been acting. They are better with the bite splint for the TMJ but if I don't take allergy meds they only slightly improve with the splint.

The last two days they have really been bugging me. I've had a painful pulling sensation in front of my right ear before but the last couple of days I've felt a deep pain in both ears. That is new. sad

• Posted

ann.....

?I've asked every doctor I've seen (5) and no one can come up with an explanation as to why this happens. I asked all the same questions you have ( TMJ,sinuses, infections ) all of which I don't have btw. I think I'm feeling very minimal improvement daily, but it's hard to tell. Sometimes I'll go a long while into the day with no symptoms, but eventually they do reoccur which is when I'll,pop a few Xanax and within an hour I feel like nothing wrong at all. Very strange. Maybe Xanax is the answer  ( sic). I'm sorry you're suffering and I'll keep you in my thoughts for a speedy and permanent solution for you and all of the rest of us in the same boat.

Peace,

?Merlin

• Posted

When my ears start to overwhelm me I take Klonopin. They think my TMJ is caused by tight muscles over my jaw. When I take the Klonopin I relax, my muscles relax, my jaw relaxes and my ears get better. Not always but part of the time. If they don't get better at lease it doesn't bother me as much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.