Post op fresh blood spotting

Posted , 3 users are following.

How much fresh spotting is experienced by all and how long does it last?  Does it come from sutures?  Thanx

scheduled sept 1 for rectocele and cystocele

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had mine cyst and recto done 5 weeks ago and I had next to NO spotting. Few days. But everyone's different. Good luck and wishing u the best.

• Posted

Hi

I had rectocoele and hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. Bled for about 5 days then light spotting which lasted about 3 weeks then a yellowish discharge which is apparently when the stitches start to dissolve. The initial bleeding may of been more to do with the hysterectomy though.

Stitches started falling out after a couple of weeks but no excess or extra bleeding from them coming out. I did have a stitch that came out a little to early which left a small hole but fortunately it did heal on its own so just make sure you take it really easy in the first few weeks.

Good luck and all the best 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.