Post op hallux valgus cast problems

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi 👋

so I had my op on Tuesday evening on my left foot hes done a chevron osteotomy and something with the tendons. at my consultation before the surgery dr said I would have half a plaster on for approx 3 weeks then have my stitches out and a proper plaster put on.

this plaster sits just under my heel to the front of my foot and wraps around my big toe and under the little ones slightly nothing on the top of my foot apart from big toe side.

not sure if its something to do with swelling but some days when I walk with the darco shoe I can feel the cast cutting into my little toes.

has anyone else had this problem?

thank you 😊

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.