Post-Op Heller Myotomy + Toupet

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had my heller myotomy last Wednesday with a toupet fundoplication. My experience has been this: I am now able to eat easier and dont feel things getting stuck they just go down slow. I did have pain, not really from the incisions but I get really bad esophagus spasms that started the night of my surgery. The pain gets so horrible and it last a while I dont really know what to do to stop that pain. Other than the spasms I had really bad shoulder pain but I expected that. Heating pads and walking help it go away sooner. Does anyone have any suggestions for the spasms I've been getting? The pain is pretty intesnse sometimes waking me up at night. I notice it's most times triggered when I eat any cold food (ice cream, milkshake, ect. ) or when the a/c is on really high and I feel cold.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I sure will, thanks for all your help and support.
    • Posted

No problem.  We, on the site, have 'been there,' and will continue to be here to support and share information and so forth.  Tomorrow, you will have a nap, and when you wake up, you will go through a time of healing, and hopefully, a much better quality of life, in terms of eating.  But take things slowly after surgery ...don't be in a hurry to get to the solid foods.  Pureed, liquid, soft foods are the way to go, for at least a month.  Let your insides 'heal.'  Well wishes for tomorrow.  And, keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.