Post Op Hysterectomy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive had a full hysterectomy a week ago and have tried to do too much already. My stomach swells I'm in pain paracetamol doesn't help can I take anything stronger?

Is it normal to slightly bleed (pink blood) and to have a very bad odour? I wash and change my pad within half an hr it's the same again?

Please help

Thank-you

Liza

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liza,

Oh dear, why do you think you've done too much? What have you been doing?

I'm still on paracetamol and occasional ibrufen as I've had bad bruising and swelling in my bikini area post op, despite having an abdominal hyst.

You could take some ibrufen, unless of course you have other medical issues which prevent you taking them.

I only had a bit of brown discharge on/off since my op 13 days ago. Mostly the first day, then I had a tiny bit this morn. Not sure if it's because I was more mobile yest. Not enough for a pad though. I have read that some people can bleed up to 2wks after and I've also read that others have bled when they've overdone things.

I'm sure some of the other lovely ladies on here may have some advice on their experience too.

If you're worried it's probably best to get it checked out so I would ring your doc just for a chat.

Try to rest...easier said than done I know!!

• Posted

Yes you can when I had mine I had ordinary painrelief and they gave me some stronger ones when the pain was very bad
  • Posted

Hi Liza,

I remembered replying to your post few months ago where you opted to go ahead with hormone treatment. How are you doing and your biopsy result?

If you have the abdominal hysterectomy like me, recovery is at least 6 weeks no heavy lifting and light lifting not more than 2kg for the next 2 months.

If you are bleeding after 2 weeks, you have overdone things and you need medical treatment. Do go back to hospital. Hope nothing serious. Do keep in mind that carrying anything heavy now will bring more complications to you than benefits to your family with little household duties done. Major complications like prolapse of organ may warrant another surgery to correct it.

Take care and keep us posted.

• Posted

Liza, 

Sounds to me as if you definitely did too much.  You might have an infection (the odor).  Please get in touch with your doctor or go to A&E!

Please let me know how you get on! xxx

• Posted

Hi Liza,

U shouldnt do too much...As far as odor on my post op paperwork light bleeding is ok, but there shouldnt be an odor. Dont mess with it. Go to the drs its your body

• Posted

I bled for just over 2 weeks after mine, that's quite normal. I was on codiene and paracetomal for the first couple of weeks, paracetomal alone wouldn't have been enough no need for you to be in pain take something stronger. Stronger painkillers can make you constipated, I took Lactalose to keep bowels open. If you have a temperature aswell as the bad odour maybe best get checked out at doctors I had Infection 2 weeks after op had antibiotics and cleared up. Make sure you rest up and you will be fine. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.