Post op nearly 4 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

I am nearly 4 weeks post op- I had open surgary to remove a 11cm cyst, my right ovary and right tube.... after the op I had a really swollen tummy and had trouble opening my Bowels. 

How long should I expect to have swellen in my tummy and trouble going to the loo? I'm still using laxtives solution to go- sometimes when I take it it doesn't work so end up taking more than I should as it just builds up and then I look 9 months pregnant and tummy is swollen more. (I do have IBS too) 

Any advice I would appreciate.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I am 1 week out of removing my twisted fallopian tube and I understand the swollen tummy! My doctor told me it takes about 6 weeks before things resume to normal. Have you asked your doc about it? 

• Posted

Hey, 

Thanks for your reply. 

No I haven't asked anyone about it. I know recovery is 6 weeks. 

I was worrying I was just putting on massives of weight which I was getting concerned. 

• Posted

I had the exact same surgery, 10 & 2 cm cysts and I am now 4 months post op. You will be swollen and sore for quite some time, in fact I am still swollen!

The first couple of months it would not go down... slowly it does a little but I found I am not 100% the way I was. I'm not sure if it will always be a little swollen or not. I have an apt. next week with my gyno and will ask him about this. 

I also still have bowel issues. I have to now take metamucil daily to keeps things in order whereas I never used to. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I am no longer sore just my tummy and bowel issues. 

My tummy did go down but it's came back up again for some reason. I just want to be back to my normal self. 

I've had to take more laxtives then i should so I can go as the amount I'm suppose to take doesn't work.  This is so frustrating 

• Posted

I am still having the swollen belly and i am about a month post op some times i have a hard time to go to the bathroom too my gyn doctor said that after 6 weeks everything should be ok
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. 

I was worrying that I was putting on loads of weight. 

My weight is higher after op - is this due to swelling and bowels? 

6 weeks I should go back to normal?? 

• Posted

The swollen is from the surgery that is what my doctor told me and after 6 weeks we should go back to normal. I am in the same situation u are in and believe me i don't like it cause i will take a couple of bit of food and i will be full my stomach fells let i ate a full course meal and i didn't

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.