Post-op of Robotic Heller w/partial Dor fundoplication

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my surgey on June 13th at the OSHU hospital in Portland ,Oregon. Dr. Dolan did my procedure, and was a great surgeon so far and his team that he is training was so nice. I had one resident that was really interested in my condition and I helped teach her all I could.

As far as I feel , well I'm on a liquid diet and slowly graduate to more solid foods. I have type 3 achalasia and so they cut my Spencer that was very tight all they way and did a partial fundorpulation cause he didnt want to sew or stitch or connect to far up my esphogus due to spams.

I am on a liquid pain meds right now and trying to drink. I have no acid reflux 🤣yay! I do chew those anti-has tabs after eating my lovely cream of wheat.😊. I told diet I an I'd just shop in the baby food Ilse 😉 .Well all goes down good. I'm real sore inside a swollen still. But is getting better. I do have some spazing going on but I'm sure its from the surgery and hope to go away in time. I will be Happy as long as I can eat with out that bad bad bad pain in my chest when I ate or just moved wrong. Oh by the way my Doctor said that I would be able to vomit 😊. I was worried about that ! We will see. But I haven't been sick to stomach at all . matter fact I'm not really hungry I make myself drink my meal. And if it wasn't for my other medication that makes me eat I wouldn't be rating 😟 hope this changes. All I want is French fries and a sprite.😊 will keep you all updated . CHEERS🍨🍧🥛🍵🍼

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So glad things have gone well so far, and wishing you speedy return to full health and strength.
    • Posted

Thank you ! The hardest part is eating again I can only have full liquid diet for 2wks then can start adding little tiny different things. Its been a week and I want French Fries bad . I have no appetite. I try to use cannabis to help but my husband has a fit when I use it .I tell ya its better than taking more pills that I can't get down .I dont understand a person sometimes . I would be more supportive to him. Wish me luck with this recovery cause right now my desire is gone !

• Posted

Glad everything went well. Praying for a speedy recovery and years of success.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.